1500 nodes for 80 slots? How true is that?

@Justin_Smith it is not correct. There is no “borrowed - paid back” here. Previously when you bought your first node, it was 25% - 75%, too.
Let’s read about the current pNode mechanism here: pNode Staking Mechanism

At any time, when you have 1750 PRV, you can stake it yourself and earn 100%. That 1750 is yours, and you can unstake it and take it back. But with borrowed staking, the 65% that goes to Incognito isn’t a payment for borrowed funds, but a source of funding for the DAO (proposals, costs, etc.)

That’s why after 1750 PRV you don’t automatically convert to your own staking, because someone would still need to provide the 1750. If the other 65% were just going to funding your stake, it would be like you’re getting the full 100% even on borrowed stake, just into your stake rather than your reward payout. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

This is a post from telegram in December 2019 from fitz.

1 Like

Yeah, I think he misunderstood. You don’t have to buy PRV to stake, but it doesn’t buy the PRV for you. Otherwise there’s no difference between self-funding and borrowed funding, either way it would be your PRV. It wouldn’t really be “paying it back”, because you can withdraw your stake.

So if 65% went toward your stake, then you “pay back” the 1750 and get full staking, you could just withdraw the 1750 since it’s now your stake and then you didn’t pay anything. So you basically earned 100% the whole time, but in different accounts. If that were the case, it wouldn’t really make sense to require 1750 to stake in the first place.

Sorry for the confusion, but it seems like a misunderstanding. Hopefully we’ve clarified it in the posts since then.

1 Like

Disappointed, but yes clarified. I thought that was the benefit of buying the $199-399 hardware. Thanks Aaron.

1 Like

I understand that, sorry to disappoint. I mean, you will eventually earn 1750 PRV with the 35%, but at a little over 1/2 the speed than if it was being paid for by the 65%.

Is not a case of misunderstood, it is how it started way back, but some early-birds missed the memo on how it changed from being “loaned” to being “rented” and keep repeating what they think is still valid, but isn’t.

4 Likes

The whole 35:65 ratio was not apparent when prv was $0.13 to my knowledge. ($220 vs $1450 now)

As I would have definitely unstaked and fully funded my node.

Was this public knowledge bc I remember seeing and hearing nothing. A tad disingenuous in my book.

Disclaimer: I may have just missed it too

The ratio was 25/75 and yes that was stated.
Recently it changed for the better, for the Node owner, to 35/65.

In the beginning however it was not possible to unstake the pNode, and stake it with your own PRV. That also changed for the better.

Development is in full progress.

2 Likes

This is my fault for the “funding” idea. @andrey came on my podcast and misspoke about this.

I should probably go back and fix the intro to add in the real info.

2 Likes

But @Jamie, don’t you think you should still honor that since that is how you promoted the product to the early buyers. Coming from the horses mouth. That Is the whole reason we bought in. That’s the reason I have three of them, I was expecting for them to eventually become 100% without me having to touch them. I understand advancements but you can’t market something one way and then change everything after everyone has purchased.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it, you are not the only one.

Is there or will there be any ideas going forth concerning partial funding to increase one’s inherent percentage? instead of the full 1750 prv? Perhaps a structured incremental system that can increase for the node owner

1 Like

I don’t know the details on when, where and how things were advertised and changed. Might be something @duy may have and answer to.

1 Like

Thanks Jamie!

1 Like

I like that idea.

1 Like

at the end of the day, the pnode is a great investment. It has a 8-10 month ROI which is better than most miners on the market. Plus, PRV may Moon and that’s the hope.

3 Likes

@Ssmccul It was my fault. At the same time many things around the chain changing in progress, and as you see we experiment a lot with different approaches. So we should be ready for more experiments.

3 Likes

part of the problem may be in the sales page. Seems it needs updated with the times:

From the page: "Earning approximately 65 PRV a month, Node will pay for itself in under a year. "

1 Like

@annie what are the numbers like now?