Please add the node status information back into the individual node overview.
- Use a colored indicator to identify each status. Color can also be used with a smaller card view for operators with more than one node or other future node views.
- Add a clickable Information icon to produce a dismissable dialog with a basic description and a link to a Discourse post, whitepaper page, etc with in-depth, technical explanation of each status in the lifecycle.
- OFFLINE (gray)
- ONLINE (white)
- CANDIDATE (blue)
- PREPARING (purple | pink | magenta)
- WAITING (yellow)
- EARNING (green)
Suggested brief text explainers in popup dialog:
Node is not connected to the Incognito network. More information.
Node is connected to the Incognito network. More information.
Node has been randomly selected as a candidate for the subsitution pool. More information.
Node has been randomly selected for the substitution pool. Node is syncing block data in advance of becoming a validator. More information.
Node has synced block data and is waiting to replace a validator at the next epoch. More information.
Node has been substituted into the validator pool and is producing blocks for the Incognito network. More information.
** “More information” above should lead to a Discourse article specific to each status, or the relevant section of the whitepaper, or another deep technical explanation of the relevant validator lifecycle.
- Change EARNING to PRODUCING
- Change PREPARING, WAITING and EARNING to PREPARING 1/3, WAITING 2/3, EARNING 3/3
This would emphasize that CANDIDATE status does not necessarily lead to substitution. This also links PREPARING and WAITING as necessary prerequisites to EARNING.