App Home Screen Redesign [Suggestion]

Today when looking at the app I noticed that a new user could easily become confused/overwhelmed when first using the app. It was also obvious to me that several of the buttons or icons on the main page seem to be duplicated.
(two buttons to access the wallet, a button to receive and also a button to shield, etc)

While bored at work, I threw together a very rough mockup of what I feel would be a better layout to the apps main screen.

It’s common on apps to have buttons enlarged and simplified for the end-user. One thing that I forgot to include is a smaller gear icon in the top right for settings. Settings doesn’t need it’s own button in the center of the screen. People are accustomed to finding the settings button in the top right.

I believe the Stake & Invest buttons should be linked together to show they both have the same functionality but still allow each to be clicked.

Please keep in mind that I threw this together in a few minutes. It is just a rough mockup and doesn’t look clean & polished.

20 Likes

Great feedback! I agree that it’s easy for people to get confused (not to disparage the work the app team has done, of course). There’s an app redesign in progress, complete with helpful hints and a less redundant experience. Maybe this post will help further inform their plans.

11 Likes

Cool idea :metal: @Jared

5 Likes