App Redesign

I love the Incognito app, and it does a great job of laying out the products and basic functionality of the Incog ecosystem. I believe with more focus on aesthetics and streamlining the functions, the app will become more user friendly and appealing to a wider audience. Below, I have created rough ideas of how the design of the app could evolve.

Home Screen

First, the home screen could provide an overview of important information regarding the project. For example, it could display a privacy coin overview and market cap graph, similar to @inccry’s dashboard.

Additionally it could include a news feed from the community or directly from the devs to keep users abreast of changes to, or plans for, the platform.

incognito home - Copy

Nodes

Next, the Node screen could be simplified and consolidated, and provide more information for new users. Before a user adds a node, a brief description of how nodes work could display. The description would highlight key information about being a validator–like the fact that earning and unstaking is random. From there, it could provide a link to more information.

To start, the user could tap one of the Get Node buttons. The buttons would lead them to everything they need to know to spin up a node.

• Get pNode: Navigate to the pNode purchasing page where users can learn more about physical nodes and maybe buy one.
  • Get vNode: Goes to a page explaining what it takes to host a vNode; maybe the page would include details about available community hosting services, like JServers.
  • +Node: Allows users to connect to their nodes. Opens an option screen, so the user can pick to connect either a pNode or a vNode.

To streamline functionality, tapping on +Node could create the account as well, along with all the necessary keys, for the node. This way users don’t have to create an account first on a separate screen in order to get the validator key for their vNode. They could initiate everything directly from the Node screen.

incognito nodes None - Copy

Once a user adds a node, then the typical node modules will appear, showing connectivity, earning, and account details. It would also be cool if the modules included Status/Shard information, like Waiting / -1, Pending / 7, etc. This way users know what their nodes are up to at any given moment.

To withdraw earning from nodes, I think users should be able to choose which account to withdraw to. For example, if I want to withdraw everything to my Account 0 to consolidate transaction dust, it would be good to have that option.

incognito nodes - Copy

Accounts

For the third page, the user would find all their accounts. This includes their staking pool and liquidity pool accounts. The page also presents buttons for trading and transferring funds, as well as adding new accounts.

• Trade: Opens PDEX and allows trading different crypto assets
  • Transfer: Allows users to send/receive crypto
  • +Account: Adds new accounts
  • Account Module: Users can tap the arrow to expand a list of crypto assets they’re holding. They can also tap the Account name to see a full list of all cryptos listed on the platform; currencies with balances will pin to the top. Tapping an individual currency will display more information, like the user’s transactions for that specific coin.
  • Staking Pool Module: Users can see their APY at a glance, and can tap the Staking Pool module to visit the typical page with their up-to-date balance and the Stake More button. They can also tap the three dots on the module to see account activity and withdraw funds.

incognito accounts - Copy

Menu

Finally, the app could add a main menu. Tapping the PRV icon at the bottom of the screen activates it.

In the menu, users will see all the main products of the Incognito ecosystem: accounts, nodes, and the community. A brief description not only defines each product, but also highlights Incognito’s privacy and defi mission. Tapping on the icons and the descriptions will take users to those respective pages in the app.

incognito menu - Copy

There are quite a few things I left out of this design, like the ability to create your own coin. These features could easily be appended to one of the existing areas. For example, in the Accounts page, if a user clicks on an account, there could be one of the blue buttons to Issue a Coin. I omitted some of these features simply to save time. I left out descriptions of the gear and question mark icons near the top, too, as I feel those are self explanatory.

17 Likes

@Gold nice idea!!!

3 Likes

Thank you! With the design concept, I wanted to simplify, clarify, and improve how intuitive the app is. I also wanted to help emphasize the Incognito brand, but not so much that it occluded the mission.

On the menu screen, I couldn’t decide between Delete Your Cache and Delete Your Cash. I went with Cache because of the multiple meanings, and because it’s a homophone for Cash.

3 Likes

Holy smokes Gold!!!..the ideas and even more the presentation of them in the post were like smoking kick ass…impressive indeed…:sunglasses::grin:

2 Likes

@Tempestblack, thank you! I know the team is working on a redesign of the app. I hope I have given them some ideas. I’m not sure what’s possible with the platform, but I do think some consolidation and streamlining will help.

3 Likes

Like I said…you’ve done a very good job so far…everything from the way you present the different areas that are accessed, to how descriptive they are, and how in addition you worded things in them…because I would agree that the app right now does sometimes have things that are either redundant or do not properly flow within the app…but with what you did with it…it does present alot better to a user… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks again, @Tempestblack.

I think one area where my mock-ups could improve is in the node explanation on that first node page. The third paragraph makes it seem like all those details in the paragraph only apply to vnodes. To fix this, maybe the first sentence of that paragraph could read, “All nodes require a stake of 1750 PRV.” That would be clearer and more accurate.

5 Likes

I like what I see,
Something I would really love added would be to see the prices of crypto, and the value of all my assets.

Overall, good job on the designs.
You have earned yourself some Fringe…

4 Likes

@Revolve, thank you for the kind words and for the Fringe (FRNG)!

I, too, would like to see a price chart and the user’s overall holdings. Maybe the home page would be a good place for the chart. And the accounts page could be a good spot for your personal total, like above the little account modules.

5 Likes

Ditto on that

2 Likes