[Shipped] App v.2

I resolved the issue by going into my mobile device and turning down the icon and text settings from medium to small.

That might be an issue for some people but I was able to resolve it on my device, so hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks @Clint, will look into this.

1 Like

glad to help work out the kinks.

The app looks great, kudos to you and your team!

1 Like

I haven’t used the new update extensively, but upon first glance (as if I was a new user), this is definitely a solid, solid update.
Reasoning:
1-Redundancy-gone, as far as I can tell.
2-The app is streamlined-only a few items on the screen at a time, yes you have to scroll but it is less overwhelming.
3-All logos, wording and statistics are all “blown up”, the increased sizing helps people of all eyesights navigate the app easier. Also, when the logos and wording are sized up everything looks more clean, crisp and simple.

In the military you learn many things, one is the acronym KISS.
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid.
Or I like it better this way:
Keep
It
Stupidly
Simple.

Making a layout look simple, clean, efficient is absolutely key to any app.
The fundamentals are forming with this project, and I am happy to see that but please do not lose sight of the foundational aspects.
(One of the foundational aspects are the pnodes. My first one was such a horrible experience getting set up. The second one I bought during the pDAI sell came to me with the side off so I could see everything inside. Would not connect to the wifi then the power light stopped coming on. I know many ppl have had set up issues, this foundational aspect NEEDS to be addressed). Other than that-great job, truly.

I really like the new updated UI. One thing I noticed is that on the community tab the back button that goes back to the home screen and the button to return to the topic feed are overlapping in iOS as you can see in the attached picture.

1 Like

@ning the only thing I can think of to add, is on the home page, give a down arrow :arrow_down: in the bottom right hand corner that lets people know there is more content to see upon scrolling down, otherwise they may think that initial page is all there is

thanks! it’s on the list.

1 Like

thank you for your feedback.

to receive/send from a non-incognito wallet, you would use shield/unshield. why? because receiving public coins into your incognito wallet effectively shields them, protects them, makes them anonymous. sending to a non-incognito wallet unshields your coin and turns it public again.

we felt that users needed to be aware that their coins are only private within incognito. this is not a function that most other wallets have.

that’s the current pDEX price of BTC, calculated in PRV.

hope that helps! just my 2 cents from the dev team, so thanks for sharing your thoughts - we will continue to make the app better.

1 Like

@Jerry_Watson - first of all, so glad to hear you like the app! this month, we’re also working in parallel to fix the node setup process. appreciate your patience with us – we’re on it!

thanks for letting us know – will fix this by adding a top bar like you see in the explorer tab :slight_smile:

1 Like

While the new design makes the app certainly look cleaner, it’s hardly intuitive. You’ve got to know a bit about how the Incognito system works in order to use the app.

This is a barrier to entry for any new user, who is more more likely to download the app, try it for 5 minutes, and then conclude that they don’t understand it before leaving the Incognito project and never coming back.

Bottom line: new unintuitive app raises barriers to entry to new Incognito users. This is not a good thing

Not harping on you, but what specifically do you see that is unintuitive, so that they can address it?

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the new app + also those who reported bugs and difficulties! We’ve been making notes since the last major app release. Here are a couple of things we did/are doing to ease some pain points.

1. Users got confused about sending out of network (could not locate unshield)

in yesterday’s update, we added hints (?) to the top right corners of both Unshield and Send screens. We also added a more helpful error msg on the Send screen directing the user to Unshield instead, if they enter a valid out-network address.

2. Community tab issues

There were quite a few of these - I’m happy to report that they should be fixed with yesterday’s release. We fixed the problem where users were stuck on external pages, and also the overlap on the top bar so it’s neater and more in keeping with the other tabs like incscan and browser.

3. Crypto dust balances are cut off on Asset display due to new font size

We’re going to add a toggle in Settings where users can choose to display limited decimal places, since more than a few validators probably have 0.0000000000etc. pCOINs in their balances…

4. Users don’t know what’s going on with their Nodes

We’ll soon be releasing a new Node experience that brings statuses back, includes more information on different stages of the validator lifecycle and how to fix common issues, etc. We originally removed statuses because it caused way too much confusion, but I’d like to give it a go again with what will hopefully be an improved layout.

5. Making it easier to buy Node devices in the app

We’re also refining the Buy Node with privacy coins experience, so you guys can get Node devices directly in the app with PRV, pUSDT, etc. It’s a bit clunky at the mo.

ETA for all Node related things maybe first week July. Will also be sending out that user survey once the new Node view is live. Would be great to have your feedback then!

What’s next

Pool v.2 + Provide

In July, we’ll focus on pushing out Pool v.2 (replacing the current Stake/Pool tab), and also refine Provide (adding and removing liquidity). While both will go towards liquidity for the pDEX, we’ve decided to set up Pool v.2 to better serve users wishing to earn provider rewards.

Provide (will probably be renamed) continues to be necessary as some currencies will not be supported by Pool v.2, and people should still be able to list tokens and create new pairs.

Bit stuck on names for both tabs. Was thinking Pool v.2 should really be called Provide (to emphasize the action), but then we’ll need to rename the current Provide tab (the one where you have to add both coins in a pair, can list new pairs, etc.). If anyone has any ideas, would love to hear them!

Walkthrough

Some of you have requested walkthroughs and generally more information provided in the app, so we’re doing it. We’ve already begun putting in more text hints, but in July we’ll also push out some basic onboarding screens and animations that will bring users through all the core actions and help them feel more at home.

Browser

We’ll also start working on adding more basic functions to the browser tab to support what will hopefully be some new pApps from the community!

TLDR

We’ve largely completed what we set out to do in June and in addition, also started work on a better Node experience. I’ll be back next week hopefully with the new Node view. In July, we hope to make it painless and delightful to provide liquidity and earn rewards.

Thanks everyone for being awesome about the new update, the team has really appreciated your suggestions and encouragement.

13 Likes

super quick update here as have been leaving mammoth msgs in other threads -

pool went live yesterday :space_invader:

currently in soft launch stage (will properly launch next week with USDT + USDC).

walkthrough here + conversation: Pool

we’re busy prepping to make sure things work smoothly this week before we push it out to external communities. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Good improvement :+1:

4 Likes

Perfect, I like working on internal issues before going and pushing to bring others in.

Also, right here what you put would be perfect on the app’s homepage. The little updated communication spot on the app’s homepage like we have been discussing.
:grimacing:

Thanks @jerry_watson, we’ve started working through a couple of your ideas - user guides and an announcement board. Should make things more comfortable for new and current users. Thanks for pushing us to get it done!

2 Likes

Hey, I appreciate y’all listening even if no ideas are followed through on, but following through on two ideas I and others have brought up is a great feeling (and will hopefully help people out)! The approach, after all of the technical foundations are figured out and working, should always be, “How can I make this to where a 5th grader can understand it?”, then all that’s left are minor tweaks and boom, you are good to go!

P.S. after using pool V2 for a few days it is hands down much better, NOT perfect, but definitely, in my opinion, the right direction🙂

5 Likes

hi everyone! please take a couple of minutes to let us know

1) what you think of the app:

Please rate the app: a quick July survey

2) what changes you would like to see:

Need your input: app improvement options

What’s up next:

Bulletin board, thanks @Jerry_Watson!

New Node interface, thanks @mike_wagner and everyone who pushed for reintroducing simplified statuses!

Remove pDEX and pDEXWithdraw accounts with new Add tab

Improved performance - fewer bugs, faster loading, all that good stuff.

And a bunch more. Will be posting a new August proposal for App v.3 soon - with goals and todos.

8 Likes