[Awarded] May nominations: who's the bee's knees?

May 13th Update: It’s time for the May Special Badge Awards!
Thank you everyone for casting your votes!
Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.40.36 PM
Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 11.29.22
This month, the awards go to…

Builder: @inccry – for the awesome Network Explorer.

Inspired: @Ning - for her creative, experimental spirit that’s made Incognito unique.

Teacher: @jamie – by popular demand and widespread gratitude.

Good Neighbor: @Joe_Moffett – welcome! It’s been great having you here. Thanks for being kind, helpful, and curious.

Bug Finder: @jacob – for his extremely detailed and thoughtful bug report.

Bug Finder: @abduraman of course – the OG bug finder for real.

The badges have been awarded, and the associated rewards will be paid out at the regular time tomorrow.

Congrats again to our honorees and thanks to those who voted – see you guys next month!

Expand for the May nominations post

Welcome to a full month later –

It’s time for May nominations!

We’re starting a little earlier than originally planned so there’s a longer voting period to get everyone involved :slight_smile:

For those of you who are new here (howdy), this is the time of the month where we recognize members who contribute significantly to the privacy conversation, and the project as a whole.

In April - we awarded the following badges:

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.23.55 PMScreen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.24.00 PM
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.50.15 PM Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.50.20 PM

:trophy: April recipients were: @jamie (teacher), @mike_despo and @mike_wagner (good neighbors), @inccry (builder) and @andrey (inspired).

This month, courtesy of @mike_wagner (a good neighbor if i ever saw one), we also have:

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 11.29.22

Now, you guys can nominate whoever you want for the Teacher, Good Neighbor, Builder, Inspired and Bug Finder badges. There’s nothing to stop someone from winning twice in a row – if you think they deserve to!

:pencil2: Just post your nominations as a reply to this topic.

Honorees will be announced on Wednesday 13 May, and rewards will be paid out along with the regular thursday distribution. :partying_face:

16 Likes

Bilder - @inccry :muscle:
Inspired - @ning
Good Neighbor - @Joe_Moffett

8 Likes

I found two bugs here and here. Also other people, like @abduraman in his post about Inconsistent network fees, or @Rob with Bug with sending out of network, and of course @Jacob, with a clever attack described here. This are just some examples I came across, but out there are many other.

7 Likes

I can’t believe it’s that time again already. Awesome!

Builder: @raz, @inccry, obviously.
Inspired: @ning, because we should call it Incogningto for how much her creativity accomplishes.
Teacher: @Jamie, because she’s always on the front lines shaping minds.
Good neighbor: @Joe_Moffett, because in the short time he’s been here, he’s been engaged and kind.

7 Likes

I agree with @aaron

Builder: @raz, @inccry
Inspired: @ning
Teacher: @Jamie
Good neighbor: @Joe_Moffett

7 Likes

@inccry
@ning
@Jamie
@Joe_Moffett

I have no chance against @inccry this month neither :sob:

7 Likes

Haha @raz, split the title/price :slight_smile:

4 Likes
Badge Nominee Why
Builder @inccry those interested in numbers are served well by his creations
Inspired @andrey what can I say, take a moment to watch the Zoom meeting we had earlier this week
Teacher @Mike_Wagner he seems to pop up here and there and guides people to answers or supplies answers
Good neighbor @Joe_Moffett mister merchandize
6 Likes

I agree with all the current nominations and could nominate a few people for a couple of these, but

Builder @inccry @raz hard to argue these
Inspired @andrey all things incognito, feel like I see an answer, post, or like on every thread
Teacher @jamie has helped me a bunch in the short time I’ve been on
Good Neighbor @raz Has been ultra helpful, my new buddy and first customer! haha
Bug finder @Jacob

(and thanks for the nominations :grin:, I like learning from everyone on here and being a part of this project / movement)
I think this comment and post is very telling about the incognito community:

@Jacob, with a clever attack described here

very cool, plus the irony of a privacy based platform being the most transparent I’ve ever seen. Great!

4 Likes

Builder: @inccry for incscan.io. Just amazing.
Inspired: @zes333 for his inspired idea to bring the forum into the Incognito wallet app.
Teacher: @Jacob for his excellent report and explanation of an economic attack on Incognito.
Good Neighbor: @scorpio for his weekly statistics and reports about jServers.
Bug Finder: @abduraman is the OG bug finder.

6 Likes

Builder : @inccry for https://incscan.io/pdex/markets
Inspired : @Andrey for all things growth and vision!
Teacher : @raz For his post and discussion on PRV Tokenomics
Good Neighbor : @aaron For being a great person to talk about Incog and always being so friendly with members in the community.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Incognito Core Dev 2020 Live Roadmap