Best VPS for Node Virtual?

@aaron Cool idea :v:, what I would like to add is other VPS :wink: And your help in getting a free VPS for validators, have you thought about it?

4 Likes

Thanks! Do you have a favorite VPS? Feel free to comment about it here!

This is a discussion thread, so I’d love for you to suggest a VPS. That way, people who are looking for one can have many options to choose from.

5 Likes

2 Likes

@mir Can you share your experience with these services? That is what brings value to the suggested VPS services.

4 Likes

Does anyone here have experience using Contabo? Prices seems like a clear winner over price and choice. Would like to hear what others have to say about it before jumping ship from Vultr.

1 Like

I am using Contabo, for several projects. No problems yet.

2 Likes

Can I how long you have used their services? <6 months? 6 - 12 months? 1+ years?

6-12 months, 5 servers.

2 Likes

Last question I promise :grinning:

Any advice or guidance on how to go about switching servers? What’s the best way to take the node I have now. Export it from my current server and then unpackage it on the new server?

2 Likes

You can see it here: [SOLVED] Change vNode machine

4 Likes

Contabo is very cheap, I just switched my digital ocean instance of $40/mo to contabo for a bigger and faster instance for $10/mo. They also take PayPal which will charge you in your countries dollar and convert it to Euros, so your card won’t decline.

2 Likes

Is there any tutorial on how to setup a vNode for this server?

2 Likes

@palumboe1 just set one up, he might be able to help.

2 Likes

Same setup as docker!

Wondering if anyone can help me understand something.

I set up an AWS vNode last Thursday I believe and so far it’s charged for 156 hours for t3a.xlarge on demand, which was what the setup said to do. It charges a rate of .15 cents per hour, so for just one week, it’s costing $23, but looking at this it says it’s $47 for the month.

Does that number sound right? Should I switch and is will the benefit outweigh the cost? It looks like there was a fair amount of data transfer just over that past week, but not sure if that means anything for mining since I was just able to put funds in my vNode to start staking.

Any thoughts? and should I switch when I get a chance?

1 Like

Aws is way to expensive I would get if off there asap

thanks @palumboe1 Might circle back with you for some help to set up on cantabo. I think you offered to stake on a node you set up on a recent post? but if you could help set one up myself, i got a shirt with your name on it haha

1 Like

Definitely I’ll help you stake on your own, for a shirt!! Hell yeah, I’ll write some instructions.

@aaron
@Joe_Moffett
@J053

See tutorial here

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for making that!

3 Likes