Bring more adoption for physical node

1. What privacy problem are you solving?
Incognito network has been live around 6 months and we have acquired around 1000 validators so far, 383 of which are physical Nodes. The more validators the network has, the more secure the network will become and the more well-known Incognito will be.

pNode is much easier to set up and more profitable compared to the vNode in the long run. That’s why I’m looking to expand adoption for pNode - meaning sell more pNode.

2. What is the solution?
To bring more adoption we need to focus on awareness and activation, get more people to know about pNode and decide to buy pNode.
Awareness: branding/ ads/ seeding/ PR…
Activation: streamline order process, ab testing to increase conversion rate.

3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?

This chart below simply explains why Incognito Node is better than other mining rigs. Not to mention, I love the sleek design of Node. My target audience focus would be 2 groups:

• Zcash, Monero miners: because they already care about privacy. We convert them because we have better ui/ux of staking (mining)
  • Helium, Coinmine holder: because they are already interested in buying the device, and Incognito is solving a more “meaningful” problem.

4. Who are you?

I’m Annie - a member of growth team. I’ve been with the project since the beginning supporting validators.

5. Why do you care?

I believe that we should have control over our information. Incognito is designed to giving people the choice of claiming their right to privacy. To do that on a meaningful scale, however, Incognito needs to grow itself into a strong, secure and decentralized network. Increasing the number of validators is integral to that goal. The more people power the network, the more secure it is.

6. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?
Run ads to target audience to drive more traffic to site.
Execute and push new payment method.
A/B testing to increase conversion rate.

Goal: 200 nodes sold
Time: Mar 4 - Mar 31

7. What’s your budget?

Desctiption Amount
Ad budget 4000 PRV
Digital Marketer 2000 PRV
Total 6000 PRV

8. Is there an existing conversation around this idea?

I have not been aware of any. Let me know if you find one.

9. Is there anything else you would like the community to know?
If you have any feedback, suggestion or idea to help me sell more nodes, feel free to join me, or leave a comment. I’m all ears!

7 Likes

Great plan. With the current App, the physical node is very easy to install. This experience for new owners will make the physical node sell itself easily.

1 Like

Progress update for Mar 2 - Mar 9:

• Auto stake for pNode feature -> testing done
  • pNode payment by PRV -> testing done
  • Discuss with @henry about historical data & brainstorm 3 angles for app + testing on brave.

Node sold from Mar 1 - Mar 9: 5

now that pnode owners can stake with their own PRV and earn 100% of rewards, i’m curious to see if any vnode owners will make the jump. what d’you reckon @annie?

1 Like

Great point there @ning. I haven’t seen much of the jump but I guess it’s because they are not so aware of this. Possibly needs to strengthen this message to them.

Progress update for Mar 9 - Mar 16:

• Edit Node page: please give me your input
  • Add “Buy Node” to the app home page
  • Copy for ads: done

Node sold from Mar 9 - Mar 16: 2
After the page is done, I will push ads this week, hoping the sales will grow.

3 Likes

Hey @annie what about the past week ? Any news ?

Sadly no happy news :(. Only one more Node sold this week. I’ve been running ads over the weekends. The traffic looks good but the conversion rate is still bad. Prolly need to revise the page content this week and see how it goes.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 18.09.13

Mar 23 - Mar 30:

• Button “Power” aka Buy Node was added to the app
  • Node page content and design are updated
  • CTA at the Discourse home page
  • 10 more node solds
2 Likes

Hey @annie would you mind make the whole month update how many nodes have been sold in total ?

As timeline is Mar 4 - Mar 31, make sense to overview the whole month and close the proposal with achieved results .

Update for Mar 4 - Mar 31: 18 nodes sold.

1 Like