CALL TO DONATE: Help protect those fighting COVID-19!

Afaik the explorer doesn’t support read-only key yet. Am I wrong? @ning

2 Likes

Nice initiative!

2 Likes

This is a great idea!! I’m definitely in. And yes I’d ask my other Incog friends to join.

2 Likes

Hey, I live in the Seattle area. I can help deliver those if you’d like! Now that I’m part time, I could easy find time to help!

3 Likes

re: seattle area

thank you! a few friends of mine already made some phone calls to seattle hospitals on friday. for now, at least these hospitals will receive the masks.

1. overlake medical center
  2. seattle children’s hospitals

note that these are my friend’s personal donations. they’ll also call seattle cancer care alliance on monday. if you want to check on other hospitals, you can skip these for now.

update: we will delay the masks to seattle and ship them to new york first. it looks like seattle will receive 1.5M masks from the government next week, while new york cases are growing exponentially.

5 Likes

re: new york area

we’re calling about 12 hospitals in new york, and so far 3 of them will take the masks.

1. Mount Sinai Hospital
  2. Milstein Hospital
  3. New York Presbyterian (Queens)

we’ll keep updated everyone.

–
conversation with mt sinai

conversation with new york prebysterian (queens)

3 Likes

re: austin, tx

we’ll be sending masks to these hospitals

1. Dell Seton Medical Center
  2. St David’s Medical Center
  3. Ascension Seton Medical Center
  4. Baylor Scott & White Clinic
5 Likes

This is a comment from James:
"I highly recommend your team join the Folding @ Home distributed computing platform. They are a non profit organization. Their software runs on your computers and uses CPU & GPU cycles to process the raw data in the fight to find cures for diseases such as COVID-19. They have been doing this for 20 years. You can read about them online.

https://foldingathome.org/"

4 Likes

Hey everyone! i closed the poll and added the donation address to the main topic ^

Here is the donation address:

12RxKTvzHgUrjHmQHDWxpx7BXqXWDz7ervH3r5n8a1SVDaS5vL5tXSpZVosePHJC9wrQnK6WNeeo6T5G87L9xEKz2g87TsaiecAipaB

Please give what you can, every PRV counts (for two!) :v:

Thank you.

6 Likes

Nice! Do we have a goal amount?

Could you specify mask types? Is there any mask code such as N95 in your hands? An example document for codes.

Would you accept country-specific donations after this campaign? Doctors, nurses in Turkey also need a lot of masks. Depending on your answers, I will try to create a transparent/trustable donation plan and share it here. @ning

1 Like

PRV sent!

5 Likes

i think we’ve found a supplier without a minimum order - so there’s no danger of not raising enough to fill an order.

but obviously the more the merrier! was hoping to raise 10,000 PRV from the community. we’d match 10,000 PRV, which brings us up to 20,000 PRV (10,000 masks).

if anyone here knows a reliable supplier with a lower per unit cost, please connect me!

2 Likes

They are FDA approved disposable medical masks.

And of course, please feel free to run your own donation campaign on this website! You may be able to find more cost-effective supplies and shipping methods for Turkey.

3 Likes

If we all join together we can defeat any virus! @ning great idea! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The saga, pt.1:

Sunday morning:

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 12.19.03

Monday noon:

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 12.19.17

Tuesday morning:

We’re on our way!! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Pt. 2 - Donation received!

The first shipment of medical masks went out this week to hospitals in NYC. :raised_hands:

download_20200326_112702

Pt. 3 - Let’s do more.

So far, the Incognito community has raised 2,808.9314 PRV.

That’s 1,404 medical masks! You guys are incredible.

Let’s keep going. This fight against COVID-19 will be a marathon, so let’s keep trying to take care of each other. The core team is continuing to raise money from their networks, and will continue to match every PRV donation, 1 for 1.

Please give what you can, and please share this post with your friends. And of course, please take care of yourselves. :pray:

9 Likes

There is still money in the stake account that was attached to my pNode before I started using my own stake. Despite my effort, it didn’t endup in my account. At this moment I am glad it didn’t, now I would like to donate it all to the donation project. Will send the address in a private message.

6 Likes

This is amazing! Nice job guys!

3 Likes