Can Raspberry Pi be used for running a Node?

If you can successfully run a Node on Raspberry Pi, we would love to hear about it.

Our Test Result

Of course, we did more than a few tests ourselves but didn’t succeed. The setup wasn’t fast enough to do both, sync data and verify transactions.

Use this topic to post your results, discuss issues with others.

5 Likes

How do we know if our setup is fast enough? Do we see any error messages on the console? I have a raspberry Pi and would like to give it a try but I want to know what to look for in case it didn’t work

4 Likes

Did you guys try running it on a Raspberry Pi4? Looks like it fits minimal requeriments

3 Likes

Please provide the steps taken to get it running on the RPI. I have some other boards that I could try running it on.

3 Likes

First, You have to download ubuntu image for raspberry pi and write it to a sdcard.
Then run it, update with sudo apt-get update & & apt-get upgrade and finally follow this guide to make it work.
I did that, everything seens ok, but I really don’t know if it is working lol

3 Likes

I know how to use a RPI and follow instructions.

I ran into issues when trying to get docker to function though. You didn’t run into any issues running docker?

3 Likes

Oh, ok. No, didn’t get any error messages, docker ps is normal, but docker stats shows “–” under the titles (CPU, memory usage etc) and the app is not finding it when I add (yeah, I did the port fowarding 9334,9433, 8545)

3 Likes

Go to canyouseeme.org and check if the port is open and available.

From stats it sounds like it’s not operating?

3 Likes

Yeah, looks like its not operating, connection refused on all those ports…

3 Likes

Open the ports on your router via port forwarding and then check the website again.

After that then check docker stats and let us know if you get things moving.

Also you’ll wanna have a fan and heatsink on your RPI because of all the processing and throughput the CPU will be under during the first 24 - 48 hours.

4 Likes

Yep, my rpi4 is full: fan, especial case, heatsink etc
I’ll keep trying. Tks for the help

3 Likes

Please do update us. It sounds like just a port issue.

Check docker ps and let me know how long it says under created and status.

2 Likes

Created 51 min for both, status restarting (1) 51 secs ago for mainnet and 22 seconds for parity.
The portfowarding is correct, don’t know why it is not working

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the exact same issue I had when trying to run docker on my RPI and other boards. The docker container keeps crashing and not staying up long enough to do anything.

3 Likes

Using ‘docker logs inc_mainnet’ I’m getting: "standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused “exec format error”

2 Likes

Can you guys help? @Peter @khanhj @mesquka @annie @fitz_fiat @CodedInk-KryptoHolic :grin:

2 Likes

The docker container has an x86 binary. If you want to run it on a raspberry pi you won’t be able to use the docker container, you’ll have to compile it yourself from the source code in the repo: https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-chain

3 Likes

https://hub.docker.com/r/incognitochain/incognito-mainnet-arm/tags

The Incognito devs put these together for testing Incognito on ARM.

5 Likes

What’s the point of these if the devs themselves are saying they couldn’t get it to work?

Edit: I was really tired when working on this and was mistaken about what was linked.

2 Likes

Tks for the help! :+1:

2 Likes