[Shipped] Community rewards for contributing to the privacy conversation

I was thinking this could be awarded to the 80 community members who validated Epoch 1000. Sort of a special recognition for something 100% outside of anyone’s individual control, lol.

I suppose it could be awarded to anyone simply running a node during Epoch 1000 but the idea was to recognize the 80 community slots on Epoch 1000.

4 Likes

Where does the 80 come from?
8 shards, 4 spots available for the community validators, makes … 32?

3 Likes

80? I don’t see the number 80. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maths fixed.

Combination of late night last night and early morning this morning, but you had me doubting my math & memory, lol.

7. The fixed committee set up: 10 substitutable community slots, 22 fixed team slots

There are 10 community slots per shard, not 4. So 10 slots per shard, times 8 shards equals 80.

Yes, 4 slots are substituted out per epoch. But there will still be a total of 10 community slots per shard. Just because a validator was working the epoch (or two) before 1000 wouldn’t diminish their contribution to epoch 1000.

It’s not only about the 32 validators that came into committee on epoch 1000. It’s all 80 community validators on epoch 1000.

2 Likes

I hope there’s a badge for the founder nodes or like the veterans :thinking:

3 Likes

I know that :woman_facepalming: my bad

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nominate a community member you think is awesome

hey everyone, started a new topic for nominations!

here are the badges to be awarded:

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.23.55 PMScreen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.24.00 PM
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.50.15 PM Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.50.20 PM

@mike_despo, @mike_wagner, @raz - moved your votes there :slight_smile:

@everyone, please head on over to nominate your fellow community members!

7 Likes

@ning

:pray:

6 Likes

hi everyone! happy friday.

this week:

nominations for the first novel badges have concluded. congrats to all our honorees: @jamie, @inccry, @mike_wagner, @mike_despo, and @andrey! Browse the nomination thread here.

The teacher, builder, good neighbor and inspired badges will be awarded on a regular basis – and more will be added as they are created! Nominations will open every second monday of the month, and results will be announced on thursday. thanks to everyone who voted in the inaugural event! see you next month :sunglasses:

next week:

the validator badges are slightly delayed as there are dependencies from the chain team, will keep you guys updated.

so instead, hope to start automating the process of awarding the bug finder badge. woop! the way it works will be fairly simple. When one of our friendly mods ‘likes’ a post in the bug-report category, it should automatically award this badge to the poster.

If this works well, i don’t see why we can’t have multiple levels of bug finders, for the number of bugs spotted. Bug finder… bug master… bug … grandmaster? idk. give me some name ideas!

have a great weekend, everyone.

10 Likes

Congrats on a badge well earned to all you winners!
That initiative is my favorite. Great job @Ning! Looking forward the future.

P.S.: Bug grandmaster sounds awesome. Grandmaster bug sounds like a hip hop artist/MC from the 90s).

7 Likes

The badges nomination was a really cool thing. Will keep it in mind as my first election :slight_smile:

1. As far we go, as more I think about some referrals, many of our community members more than happy to spread info about the project. So maybe we should have some nominations for people who bring more users to the incognito land :slight_smile:
    User who bring 20+ people could earn a “saint leader” badge and maybe 400 PRV or something like this :slight_smile:

2. I think as strong community is as strong project will be. Would be great if each member be owner of some initiatives. Do not know how to execute it right now, but interesting direction to think :slight_smile:

6 Likes

thanks @andrey – don’t forget us when you’re the president of Ukraine!

we already have a few badges for referrals:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.17.29 PM Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.17.35 PM Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.17.48 PM

if you notice, it’s not just the number of referrals, but also the quality of the user – we do this through the use of ‘trust levels’: user -> basic -> member. this will help guard against spam.

as for other initiatives - absolutely agree! there are some great ideas in this thread already – am happy to support anyone who would like to spearhead their own initiative.

11 Likes

so… this initiative was approved for 2 months, and thanks to everyone here, we’ve hit our goals:

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.06.43 AM

while we’ve laid the foundation now for self-sufficiency, funds come out of the DAO, so it’s continuance is dependent on vote. i’ll be keeping it running for as long as original funding remains, finish up the work @binh and i started on the bug-related badges, and certainly hope to at least run the monthly awards –

BUT it’s now up to the board (@duy @andrey @chi @zon) to decide whether we’ll continue to invest resources in this initiative long-term. :grimacing:

will be posting any updates here. personally, i’ve had a great time with this. hope you did too! fingers crossed we keep getting to do this :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Hey Ning! Excellent results! We’ve just released the remaining funding. long live badges!

5 Likes

So I read nearly this whole post well skimmed and didn’t see anything about getting e-mails for your community rewards. Its an email I dont check often and I have a Total of 12 rewards netting me 12 PRV but at the time of all these emails I had no idea about this and did not have my incognito address in my profile. Since then I have added it to the correct space (yes I checked and this thread confirmed) but I still have not seen any PRV dropped in my account.

Now I did notice in the emails that each PRV community reward is paid out on a Thursday so did I miss my reward and loose out because I didnt have my account number in my profile or will it all just drop this upcoming Thursday?

1 Like

Yes, they’ll all be sent to you on Thursday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey thanks @ning ! I hope they drop today!

1 Like

Woohoo!!!..I earned me some prv thru my badges earned. Honestly I think this is the first time I have ever earned something like this and it is with heartfelt gratitude that I thank the community for it. I hope to continue being of service to the community and the project. Thank you once again…and now let me go stake them prvs…hehehe…:sunglasses::wink:

4 Likes

Hey @ning so through the emails I got saying I got certain rewards all added up to 12 PRV theough the 12 badges I earned but only 3 PRV dropped today. Any ideas?

Hm. Odd. Let me check and get back to you.