[Shipped] Community rewards for contributing to the privacy conversation

And we’re off!

Badge holders – the first batch of community rewards should be landing in your wallets right about now. :boom:

Note: Some of you may see your badges and earning totals split across two or more emails (and may receive payouts in two or more transactions). This is because we’re sending rewards in batches and we’ve synced up payout with email notifications. :see_no_evil:

Next week going forward, emails will follow once all payout is complete so you guys get just one tidy email, with one tidy list.

8 Likes

I received notification by email today that I was eligible for rewards (wasn’t aware of the program until today)… but I didn’t have my incognito wallet address in my profile by the 1:00 PM UCT time, does that mean I will miss out on the rewards earned this cycle, or will they just be paid out next cycle?

2 Likes

hey @doc! paid out next cycle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can paid rewards be marked as Paid/Sent or something else in the page of the user’s badges? @ning

2 Likes

that’s a good idea -would like to add earning totals to the page too at some point. right now we’re using the email system - will flesh out the entire badge/rewards program more after this trial period.

5 Likes

Courtesy of @Mike_Wagner and @Jamie (and i think @ktn699 too) - we have the first two community created badges: Longest Non-Earning Streak, and No Committee Marathoner. Funny, delightful and a tiny bit tragic – three of my favorite things!

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 12.10.24
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 12.10.30

Weekly update

First rewards were paid out successfully, but there were a few people who didn’t get them as their Incognito addresses were added in the wrong field. If that’s you, or if you simply didn’t add your address in time for the first payout - don’t worry. You’ll get all your rewards to-date once the address is in.

Not sure what I’m talking about? Check this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 12.14.03

10 Likes

Thats hilarious lol

5 Likes

Hey @ning , I have two questions:
1- Isn’t Promoter badge automatically given? One of my friends redeemed my invitation request but I did not earn Promoter badge.

2- My friends didn’t receive my invitation request mails sent by Discourse. I had to send the invitation requests as links. Today I tried the mail facility with my another mail. It worked. Were there any problem before? or do those mails sometimes go to spam folders?

2 Likes

Hey -

yes - should be automatic - just tested it myself and it works. could this be because of how your friends redeemed your invitation request? please can you make the invitation request via the invite button on your user page, and please ensure that your friends verify their email addresses.

i also checked emails (thanks for flagging it) and it seems to be ok now. maybe your friends will need to redeem the invite via email and verify their email address. would recommend checking spam folder too.

Let me know if that works!

4 Likes

How is the no committee marathoner different from the no earning streak? (#askingforafriend :yum::wink:)

2 Likes

@Mike_Wagner would know best, but my guess is… one is a ‘participant’ badge, one is a ‘winner’ badge :rofl:

2 Likes

Ohhh makes sense!

2 Likes

@ning I tried nearly all possibilities with some email addresses but no way. I use Send Invite facility in my profile. Here is screenshot:

Without activation email, the user cannot log in the forum. So, my friends had to confirm their emails. Can the issue be related with the user level? Just that option remains after my trials.

Btw, could you remove deneme2, deneme, deneme0 users? I used them for my trials. demrence and sampiyonyus are OK.

Last but not least, I have a suggestion for a new badge (Bug Finder). If I’m correct on this issue, you may give that badge to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To clarify - you are not receiving emails at all, correct? Let me PM you to debug.

1 Like

@Mike_Despo @ning I didn’t really give either much thought. Just threw them together, on a lark.

I like Ning’s suggestion that the Longest Streak badge is the for the winner and the No Committee badge is for self-identified (?) participants. Perhaps there is a minimum of >7?, >10?, >14?, >21? days to be a participant?

2 Likes

I like this idea. @ning

2 Likes

To remind my badge suggestion :slight_smile: @ning

3 Likes

It might be painful to develop, but what are the chances of displaying progress on the badges that have yet to be earned? We have the green check mark for badges we’ve earned, but it would be nice to see “35/50 likes given”, for example.

4 Likes
  • bug_1
  • bug_0
  • bug_2

0 voters

@ning

6 Likes

I like badge two best. The orientation seems to be more natural.
One request, can there be one more circle in the spying glass? To differentiate between the glass and the rim. And the bug a little bit smaller. :upside_down_face:

1 Like