[Shipped] CX: Bug report - Problem assistance - Node shipping

1. What problem are you solving?

Previously, communication with the community has been scattered across various channels: Telegram, Facebook, email, and more. This creates duplicate Q&A, messy bug reports, disorganized and disconnected users, and an endless maze for follow up.

2. What is the solution?

Discourse was live since February 2020. We are using this channel as the primary method to communicate with the community. Everything will be tracked in the categories on this site, such as news, tutorials, proposals, bug reports, etc…

TO DO: monitor communication on the site, receive feedback, report and follow up on bugs, and promote new features. Create a funnel to move engaged users here from other platforms.

3. Who are you?

I am @Peter, a core team member at Incognito. I want to further develop the product, which is improving every day.

@Jamie is a fellow techie, who can provide impeccable support and has a solution for everything.

@Nathaniel is a warehouse keeper. He handles the Node delivery for US users, as well as the replacement - return process.

4. Why do you care?

Community is the most valuable asset for us. “There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.” – Margaret J.

5. What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?

The results we got from March 2020:

1. Fixed 88% bugs raised by the community.
  2. The first response time is 13 hours.

Here are my specific objectives and key results for April 2020:

1. Fix 100% bugs raised by the community.
  2. The first response time is under 8 hours.
  3. Time to receive the Node after purchasing: 7 working days for US market, 14 working days for the Global market. This is new, starting from this month.

To track these objectives, we use these tools:

1. Internal spreadsheet to communicate between CX - Project Owner - Developer
  2. Discourse dashboard to generate the report
  3. Internal inventory system and tracking tool from FedEx to generate the report

6. What’s your budget?

Resource Cost Quantity Monthly Cost
CX support #1 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
CX support #2 1,000 PRV 1 1,000 PRV
Warehouse support 300 PRV 1 300 PRV
Subtotal 2,300 PRV
TOTAL (x 1 months) 2,300 PRV

7. Is there anything else you would like the community to know?

Thank you to everyone who has been helping out and making Incognito a friendlier place to be.

4 Likes

@peter your proposal got 5/5 vote and has been funded. I will move in under “funded proposal”.

1 Like

Weekly update April 6 - April 12:
1/ Fix 80% (4/5) bugs raised by the community:

• Fullnode issues (cannot convert undefined value to object, the network is a little busy -9999, balance is missing/ balance shows as 0/ balance is spinning, request failed with status code 504 undefined, can not get reward amount -4001, web_JS_Error -4005)
  • API issue: Internal server error API ERROR -9001
  • Something went wrong. Please try again. (undefined)
  • New blockchain data is synced slowly

Waiting to be fixed: Withdrawal issue for pNode

2/ The avg first response time is 28 hours
Untitled

3/ There are 9 success orders:

• 7 orders are in transit
  • 2 orders are waiting to re-confirm
    So far they are not reached to the user. We need to wait until next week to get the data on this metric.
2 Likes

Hey Peter! Thanks for the update.

Just a quick comment. Could you please change the time you make a weekly update. From Monday morning to Friday evening :pray:

1 Like

Hi Andrey, I got it. Will follow it starts from this week.

1 Like

Hey @Peter, is this problem really fixed?

As I told to @thaibao in Telegram, I have no problem in terms of joining the committee but synching is still so slow in my side. Since I use HDD, the problem may be specific to me. If the case is this, then no problem. FYI

I have a tip for you @abduraman. You only run a node on your server, because this is HDD so it is slow. After this node sync completely, copy data dir of its to 2nd node. So, in the meantime, only 1 node process on your HDD

This is the way I did on my node(SSD disk)

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot :slight_smile: HDD goes back and forth frequently between two copy processes. Thanks for reminding.

1 Like

Weekly update April 10 - April 17:

1/ Fix 100% (5/5) issues raised by the community:

• “We have an authorization issue” message when we open the app
  • Take a long time to transfer USDT out of the network
  • Balance is missing. It shows 0
  • Missing Deposit / Pending Withdrawal

2/ The average first response time is 27 hours

Untitled

3/ There are 2 success orders:

• One will be sent today
  • One is in transit

Last time we have 9 success orders:

• 3/4 US buyers received the package. Avg time is 7 days
  • 1/4 International buyer received the package. Avg time is 5 days
  • 1 order is cancelled upon user’s request

Untitled1

Weekly update April 17 - April 24:
1/ Fix 62.5% (5/8) issues raised by the community:

• Missing Deposit/ pending Withdrawal
  • Node set up fail
  • Withdraw stake amount is more than 1 hours
  • Something went wrong. Can not send PRV transaction
  • Pause status => Retry => Something went wrong

Waiting to be fixed:

• Withdrawal issue for pNode
  • Mismatch when searching for coins
  • Failed transactions

2/ The avg first response time is 29 hours

Untitled

3/ There are 5 success orders:

• 2 are in transit
  • 3 will be sent today

So far this month:

• Avg time for US buyers to receive the package: 7.85 days
  • Avg time for International buyers to receive the package: 10 days

Untitled1

1 Like

@peter, thanks for the update.

Can you please share more as to why the node set up was failed and how to prevent it from happening in the future? What has been fixed and is there anything that we need to update with the users?

Regarding the time to first response time, any reason why it’s increased over the last week? We have a discussion about this metric and i think it’s a vanity metric. Do you consider switch to another one?

Also, have we executed ships within 24 hours?

Hi @annie,
1/ Failure in Node set was caused by two reasons:
a/ Node’s hotspot is slowly up. If the user performs the set up right after the blue light is on (but there is no hotspot yet), it will be failed.
=> I updated the instruction: 5 minutes waiting time before the node is plugged in would be fine, then we can start the setup process normally.
b/ Hardware issue. All the Nodes were tested before shipping to the US. For some reason, it became defective when the user received it.
=> While getting it back from the user and perform a refund/ replacement, we now open another check before shipping from the US to the user. @nathaniel helped to do it from last week.

2/ I believe that our community becomes more crowded than ever. Some posts are not related to the CX team’s control, and some are out of reach/ no need to respond.
This metric should be replaced by another one, which particularly shows that the CX team is hard-working/ provides informative instruction/ promptly support.
What should is that metric? @Jamie how do you think?

3/ We executed last week. But due to recent reports that the package was broken, I decided to change to 48 hours/ or even 72 hours this week:
a/ All the members of the CX team in the US are working from home during the lockdown time. It is not good to have Nathaniel come to the office every day and perform the double-check before shipping each Node. I suggest doing twice a week.

b/ In fact, the warehouse team is working normally in the US during the lockdown time. They can prioritize processing it to FedEx on one working day.
We need to choose between Double check the Node before shipping and ship within 24 hours during this time.

1 Like

Weekly update April 24 - April 30:
1/ Fix 75% (6/8) issues raised by the community:

• Missing deposit/ Pending Withdrawal
  • Node set up fail
  • Failed transactions during the Network’s issue on April 24
  • API_ERROR when trying to withdraw from pStake
  • Text is cut-off

Waiting to be fixed:

• Issue with unstaked Nodes

2/ The avg first response time is 22 hours

Untitled

3/ There are 7 success orders:

• 6 are in transit
  • 1 is waiting for the confirmation

So far this month:

• Avg time for US buyers to receive the package: 7.875 days
  • Avg time for Internation buyers to receive the package: 11.5 days

Untitled1

1 Like

Where it concerns the “first response time”, in my opinion it is not the right metric.
Like you said, not all posts need a response from the support team. As I recall we agreed on staying away from the “thanks”, “nice job” and other short replies and instead use the “Like”-feature for that. This will mostlikely not be considered a first response, by the system.

Another thing to take in account is the level of community building we are aiming for. We are all in this together, users and team. We need to give users the time to help each other.

Furthermore, we are not present 24/7, some delay in responding is inevitable.

Apart from replying to posts and writing an occaisinal tutorial, a lot of work is being done behind the scene:

• moving replies to other topics
  • adjusting titles, categories and tags
  • messaging users to educate them on platform use
  • taking care of issues users only mention in private messages
  • correct major typos in team posts (given up on the minor ones)

The growth of the platform is fantastic, but also leads to misinformation being spread by people who really have the best interest, who try to be helpful, but who are not up to speed with the project. It results in twice the amount of work, answering the question and correcting the information. After that we can only hope the OP will visit the platform again otherwise they walk away with the wrong information.

On Telegram support may have been a bit more visible, but switching to Discourse hasn’t made it easier to manage, or less work.

hi jamie - thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. agree that there’s a lot of mod work to be done, and that first response time may not be the best metric here. what do you think would be a better one for the CX team?

re adjusting titles, categories, taking care of typos etc, @aaron can you help out with this? i will jump in as well. let @Jamie and @Peter focus on support. @jamie, if these are a little delayed (aaron is in europe timezone too), then let it be. these are non critical issues.

@jamie, about misinformation - i think we can’t keep track of everything – it will just make us (me), anxious. in the same way we cannot control what users say in DMs, or on telegram when we’re not awake, or in other groups/channels we are not aware of. maybe we are not there yet - but there will be no way to keep an eye on every narrative once the project gets bigger. users need to make sure the information they get is correct. on our end, i think keeping the tutorials, main topics, and official announcements up to date is probably the most time-effective thing to do.

you and peter have enough on your plate assisting users with bugs/issues. i think moderating the site itself, needs to be a shared task.

@peter @annie would be curious to hear your thoughts too.

2 Likes

Right! I’m here to help on the editing/management side of that, so keep up the good work and don’t waste your energy on anything you don’t need to do.

My last reply is not clear enough to reflect the whole month, so I put an update here to make it clear:
1/ Fix 90% (18/20) bugs raised by the community.

• Fullnode issues (cannot convert undefined value to object, the network is a little busy -9999, balance is missing/ balance shows as 0/ balance is spinning, request failed with status code 504 undefined, can not get reward amount -4001, web_JS_Error -4005)
  • API issue: Internal server error API ERROR -9001
  • New blockchain data is synced slowly
  • pDEX: Something went wrong. Please try again. (undefined)
  • “We have an authorization issue” message when we open the app
  • Take a long time to transfer USDT out of the network
  • Balance is missing. It shows 0
  • Node set up fail
  • Withdraw stake amount is more than 1 hours
  • Something went wrong. Can not send PRV transaction
  • Pause status => Retry => Something went wrong
  • Missing deposit/ Pending Withdrawal
  • Node set up fail
  • Failed transactions during the Network’s issue on April 24
  • API_ERROR when trying to withdraw from pStake
  • Text is cut-off

Waiting to be fixed:

• Issue with unstaked Nodes

2/ The avg first response time is 22 hours
Untitled

3/ Time to receive the Node after purchasing

• Avg time for US buyers to receive the package: 7.875 days
  • Avg time for Internation buyers to receive the package: 11.5 days
    Untitled1

Please be noted that the US warehouse moved to a new location last month and FedEx is overloaded by the global disease, so this metric is a little bit affected.

1 Like

@Peter wow, thanks for a detailed feedback! Funding for this project just landed at your wallet! Keep up the good work!