Forum font type?

Did the font type change or is it specific to my browser? Old one was better.

1 Like

No, it changed. I’m on mobile.

1 Like

I like it so far, cause its a mono type.

2 Likes

hey we’re playing around with different fonts to see what works :grin:. looping @annguyen our ui/ux lead designer in. the goal is to pick a font that is easy to the eyes for us to read… a lot of text on the site.

@raz i personally love mono too -). i use source code pro mono for vim and roboto mono for zsh shell. but i’m not entirely sure if mono will work best for the site. i’m sure @annguyen will figure out the best font for us!

2 Likes

Personaly ,I think for Incognito website, using Mono font isn’t a good idea because all the Mono fonts are usually chosen for code . The reason is they display important character differences, such as zero and O, differently enough. But for a content-heavy site like Incognito, they are harder to read precisely because each letter occupies the same amount of horizontal space. Thereby, there is one less factor that differentiates letters, which makes it harder to tell them apart.

So I think for better readability, San Francisco typeface should be chosen because it’s well-design with reading on-screen in mind by Apple. SF Pro Display for all the Headlines, Titles and SF Pro Text for paragraph and body text. Small text needs to be readable, and large text needs to be beautiful.

6 Likes

I use vim daily too. Agree,forum is easier to read this way.

1 Like

Welcome @annguyen to the forum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The font type changed again. Imho the old one was better in terms of readability. Besides, the bold characters are not so noticeable in this font.

Hi @abduraman, we believe that this new typeface could improve the readability much better. We also fix the bold issue of the body text

1 Like