How to use my own fullnode on the mobile app?

Hi,

Is it possible to use the mobile app with our own fullnode?

With the recents issues with the official fullnode, it could be really cool to use the app with a personal fullnode :wink:

Thanks!

7 Likes

As far as I know there is no information made available yet on running fullnodes.

4 Likes
5 Likes

hey @inccry,

Incognito Wallet does not yet support switch to custom fullnode. Due to security issue, current app needs to establish https connection.

I think you can try this experiment:

• running fullnode mainnet on windows OS
  • install incognito wallet on bluestack
  • switch incognito wallet network to localhost:9334

PS. to switch incognito wallet network, at setting page, tap on an account 7 times, then tap network to change

6 Likes

@khanhj thanks for the idea, indeed I could use bluestacks and a ssh port forwarding to my fullnode.

About https connection, I’ll add a nginx reverse proxy in front of my fullnode but yeah, not very usefull as long as the mobile app use fixed fullnodes.

4 Likes

well, i think @Peter can create a ticket for app team, let hope they support this soon.

5 Likes

Ok, so I have a working setup, by using react-native directly. I changed the mainnet fullnode URL in the code, and it works :tada:

The app is quite slow in DEV mode inside an android emulator :smiley:. But it will be OK to use it in case of emergency.

Network

Wallet

Thanks @khanhj!

9 Likes

Hi @inccry, we will support this feature when we have the resource next month. Please be noted that switching to another fullnode could make your existing account(s) gone.
So, please back up all the private keys you are having first.
This is the log: https://github.com/incognitochain/incognito-wallet/issues/528

6 Likes

Just for testing I switched my wallet app to testnet, and noticed a new wallet was created, only the default accounts showed up. When I switched back to mainnet, everything returned to normal, all accounts and nodes were present.

I guess the information is stored locally, and present as long as you do not clear cache or reinstall the app.

5 Likes

@inccry i’m glad to see that, why not make the 4th row is custom text box so that you can enter your fullnode address anytime, then compile this to .apk file and install to real device.

6 Likes

Hi @inccry @Jared If you want to set up and use your customized-fullnode, please be aware that when sending RPCs requests to create transactions, init new privacy token, stake/ unstake… to the full node, it will require your private key and it’s not safe at all.

We will start working on this feature soon. Hopefully, it will be available at the end of October 2020.

P.s: For our incognito wallet app, we eliminate that security issue by creating go mobile framework integrated into incognito wallet app. This helps your mobile phone generate transaction, execute pdex trading, do everything without sending private key to fullnode, therefore, your private key is safely kept on your phone storage.

6 Likes

Yah that’s very good news. Mobile user can use it easily.

4 Likes

@mdruhul Hi, what do you mean?

1 Like

Keep tapping on network name (mainnet, testnet, local) until it switch

1 Like