Longest Non-Earning Streak. [Reigning champion: JG20 at 95 days]

When you and I talked in direct messages, @Jamie, you said I shouldn’t need to open ports, so I never did. Do you think opening ports would help with earning frequency? I do want to return the node to funded staking…

2 Likes

Your answer to Jared made it seem you gave it a try.

There is no way of telling what people do with their router and how it has been configured. I think I said, I never did anything to my router and the Node is working fine.

I don’t care about the badge, I would like to know if it is something that makes a difference. If you didn’t change anything and your node still earned with that specific port closed, I guess it is not an issue then.

1 Like

Gotcha. Well, I’ll leave it closed, and if I’m still experiencing slow earning, then I’ll open it and report back to the group whether or not it makes a difference.

2 Likes

FWIW – I’m double-NATed, so opening a port on my router will have zero effect. I have two pNodes and neither has any problem communicating with the Incognito Chain. Opening port 9334 and/or 9443 for pNodes – in my limited experience – is not necessary.

The only accommodations I make for my pNodes is a DHCP reservation on a segregated VLAN and locally proxied DNS entries because I like typing URLs not IPs with @mesquka’s tool.

QFT because this probably has far more to do with chain communication issues than anything else.

1 Like

There is no use now. If it mattered you would have still not earned due to it.

1 Like

Hi, I am from Incognito Chain Team. We are designing un-staking feature, it will be available when we launch Dynamic committee size feature.
Estimated release date in Q4.
Current design won’t sustain mass un-staking situation. Therefore, un-staking feature might bring corruption to the system.

3 Likes

@hungngo, thank you so much for this information. This is really good to hear, and it’s good to know some of the limitations the team is up against. I wrote the following in a letter to Peter, and I thought I’d share it here to help temper my critique of the current unstaking mechanism. Your team is doing an excellent job:

I love this project. I greatly value the company’s mission to increase financial privacy, and the rewards are incredibly strong. Out of all the crypto projects I am involved in, I think I am most excited about Incognito

2 Likes

Mine didn’t earn for almost 3 weeks so I feel your pain. It used to earn a few days a week. It sounds like as more nodes go online our chance earnings will become less and less. At this rate my ROI will be at least 2 years LOL.

In all seriousness, I am happy to have the node and be part of the community.

2 Likes

@Ryan_Fuhriman, yeah, as more nodes go online our chances of earning decrease. Bit of bright news, though: next year, I think in April, the devs have mentioned they will free up a few spots currently taken by company-owned nodes; they also will increase the number of shards available. That should really help balance out this spike of new nodes and cratering validator rewards we’re seeing as the platform grows.

3 Likes

It’s been a while again since my pnode has earned. I think almost 3 weeks again at this point.

Sorry to hear that, rolltide! I think the current record is 34 days. Let us know here if you beat that, and we’ll alert the person who awards the badge.

1 Like

Hopefully I won’t break it! Ha

Just hopping in here but earlier i was watching the network explorer and saw alot of people still trading BTC > XMR directly and loosing money which could have easily had me loose this app right then. But I stuck around and am just trying to help because I think this could be huge. Just have to make sure those kind of things dont happen to give this a bad rap. Just my opinion…

So I have a vNode that last earned on Jun 21… so I am now at 39 days… so have I earned myself a new badge? Is there a process you go through for verification?
@Jamie

2 Likes

You got it. Congratz, although also sorry you got that unlucky on having this Node selected. Former holder of the badge was @Joe_226

1 Like

Its a new record every day :frowning:

1 Like

Keep us posted on when it starts earning.

1 Like

@Jamie my vNode finally went into Pending, so looks like tomorrow will break the streak Jun 21 to Aug 1 … 40 days is the new goal to beat, I surely hope for everyone else’s sake that is a record that stands for a very long time.

5 Likes

One of mine just went pending as well, ending a 32 day streak tomorrow.
However my newest pNode – which just received the funded stake yesterday evening – is earning today. The older ones got shown up by the youngster, lol.

Welp … except for the one currently sitting at 31 days …

But that does mean two of my pNodes will have gone the entire month of July without earning a single PRV. Good for nothing, electrical freeloaders …

4 Likes

:wave:t6:

:laughing:

1 Like