[SOLVED] [Impermanent Loss] My Liquidity Pairs Are Changing

I wrote my investment info down yesterday.

Checked it today and the amounts I have invested have changed.

Yesterday, I could withdrawal from my liquidity pairs 1339.9182
PRV and 3.9273 ETH. That was selecting “max” withdrawal.

Today, I look up the same info and my “max” withdrawal says:
1352.0327 PRV and 3.8922 ETH.

Why are these numbers changing? Shouldn’t they stay the same and I receive PRV each Monday for my reward?

Same happened in other pairs I have.

1 Like

Hi Clint,

Its because of impermanent loss. Here is a post that goes into more detail: Impermanent Loss - Liquidity providers must know.

1 Like

if you put your coin in liquidity. i guess both of your coin will be up and down. Because could be some one selling prv for eth, or vice versa.

if someone swap eth to prv, your eth will be increase and your prv will be decrese. He give his eth to you and you give prv to him. as you add liquidity pairing eth and prv.

and vice versa…

i see above your prv is increase
and your eth is decrease

to make easy calculation that you get profit or lose during joining liquidity pool. Just make a simple calculation asf:

let say, you add liqudity prv eth on 1 june 2020. total value both are $2000 if convert to $usd.

than on 4 june 2020. You check back and calculate your both balance. And calculate by converting into $usd. If you found that your total $ value is decrease, let say only $1900. Meaning your are in lose value of your asset $100. And so on.

1 Like

I have so much to learn.

Thank you for the information and direction.

1 Like