[SOLVED] New to the community - Node options?

Hey everyone !
Ive recently started using the incognito wallet, and really love everything about it, and the community here.

Im really interested in getting a pNode, but just wanted to ask a few questions first as I couldn’t find the info…

I saw there was mention of a pNode Pro - is this a whole new unit which is going to be launched in the near future? Would it be more beneficial to buy my self funded stake now, add it to the liquidity , and wait for the pNode Pro? What would be the benefits of the Pro?

I also saw the Node Tree - the design sketches and design looks really awesome and the stacking ability is very cool to add more nodes.
Is there a waitlist for this one? An estimated price for an initial “start up kit” for the Node Tree? Estimated time frame?

Just trying to weigh up options of buying the pNode now vs pNode Pro vs Node Tree…

Thank you!
Rob

2 Likes

Hello @Rob_syd and welcome to the Incognito community.

I can only answer some of your questions. As far as the node tree goes they are only in the development phase and have said they hope to be done with that at the latest being September.

In regards to whether you should get a pNode or not I’d recommend you setup a vNode. A vNode can be a little more tech involved but is much more worth it right now considering pNode tree is not for sale yet. I would highly encourage you to stake the entire 1750 PRV yourself if you currently have the financial means to do so as this would make you the most ROI.

Please keep in mind that this project is still new and has a lot of potential to grow but as with any invest please only use the funds that you’re willing to lose.

4 Likes

Hey @Jared, thanks for that info!

So, I’m well versed with crypto, and have good computer skills… but no knowledge in regards to nodes / virtual nodes and that realm…

If I setup a virtual node, does the computer it’s setup on have to meet specific requirements and be running 24/7 Or if it’s done through the a server cloud (?) would it be “on and running 24.7” through the cloud server ?

Appreciate the help!

1 Like

Hey no problem we all gotta start somewhere.

Yes, the vNode would be required to be on 24/7 and meet the minimum specs. It is generally recommended to pay for a VPS so you don’t have to worry about electricity costs, maintaining the servers, uptime, cost of the servers, etc.

The following is a guide that was posted. Read over it and you’ll see it’s pretty easy to get going.

4 Likes

awesome, thank you