Josh_Hamon - Nito - a Telegram Bot for push notifications

Thank you testers for finding bugs and being awesome! I believe MVP will be available a little bit ahead of schedule, as early as this Friday.

5 Likes

Today, I’d like to introduce little baby Nito, the MVP telegram bot:

Logo_4

Please check it out when you have a moment. Thank you @doc and @Mike_Wagner for your excellent help so far!

I’m going to keep updating the roadmap in the main post and have set up an FAQ post.

13 Likes

Over the weekend Nito hit 100+ nodes being monitored! :100:
I’m excited to keep adding features and squishing bugs, thanks everyone for your support! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hey @Josh_Hamon,

I would very much like to use your awesome TG Bot. Unfortunately, it seems there is no “incognito” mode for it ^^

Is something like a self hosted deployment will be possible in the near future?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Self hosted is something I will look into in the future but there is a lot I want to perfect before heading in that direction. Telegram probably isn’t the platform to support an incognito-Nito.

3 Likes

Voting has opened! Please consider supporting Nito development with your votes.

Voting instructions

Nito voting address: 12S6SNT7GAdUFK6nnr7zEJDuBJHfaLARavj4tGoE4oQGtMZTrp8Y8WsmCJHVeN6cTVBrH3J1Bq2MzTdfb137MYKwNbhH8zMwXtsgCSV

junevoting

The most important thing to do is to vote, even if you vote some of the other cool tools that have been developed.

3 Likes

Tips feature added. You can directly support future development. Push notification testing is underway and will be delivered on-time.

2 Likes

Push notifications will be a great feature, so I don’t have to do this anymore:

3 Likes

Push notifications are now live!

(Use /notify to turn them off or back on.)

4 Likes

I’m going to make a Nito command to ping the node the app is using. Is /ping the right command? Open to suggestions.

2 Likes

/ping is live

This will check the response code of https://lb-fullnode.incognito.org/fullnode, which the incognito app uses to interact with the chain. If it gets a 200, then your app experience should be normal. If it doesn’t get a 200 back, then it checks the mainnet fullnode. If mainnet gets a 200, then the network itself should be fine and Nito should work as expected, even if the app doesn’t. If mainnet doesn’t get a 200 the recommendation is to come to the forum to investigate.

This gives non-tech users and even non-validators an easy way to check if there is a problem and if it’s just with app or something larger.

Let me know your thoughts and future improvements that will help make Incognito more accessible and powerful.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @Razia, yes Nito is a telegram bot at t.me/nito_the_bot

3 Likes

What’s work this bot, Sir?

3 Likes

Hi @anon87021727, Sorry, I don’t understand the question. There’s also a FAQ in the original post.

2 Likes

What is work telegram incognito bot?

4 Likes

Ok I will check FAQ.

4 Likes

As of a few minutes ago:

Nito is now watching 10% of the validators! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Wow! I am awed to be able to chip in to the project this way. :pray:

9 Likes

Congrats, that’s an amazing accomplishment!

2 Likes

\o/ congrats @Josh_Hamon! Great work. Long live Nito!

2 Likes

/price is live

/price will return the price as shown on incscan.io

6 Likes