Nito FAQ (Telegram Bot)

1. What is Nito?

Nito is the unofficial Incognito Telegram Bot. She helps validators keep an eye on the status of their nodes.

2. What can Nito do?
Command Description Note
/network Tells the user the total number of nodes Nito is watching
/price Get the latest PRV price
/ping This will check the response code of https://lb-fullnode.incognito.org/fullnode, which the incognito app uses to interact with the chain. If the code is 200, then your app experience should be normal. If not, then it checks the mainnet fullnode. If mainnet return code is 200, then the network itself should be fine and Nito should work as expected, even if the app doesn’t. If mainnet response code isn’t 200, the recommendation is to come to the forum to investigate.
/notify Turn push notifications on/off
/status Get a list of your nodes and their status Nodes are either waiting, pending, earning, or not found.
/list See a list of your nodes
/add A new node to the list, format as /add-node name-account public key /add-Account 0-1xyzyourkeygoeshere Spaces are okay, but dashes in your node name are not.
/delete Removes a node from the list This has no effect on your node on the network.
/deleteall Removes all of a user’s nodes
/request Request a new feature, format as “/request-Request goes here”
/requestlist See the entire list of requests
2.5 What can Nito NOT do?
  • This is a privacy-conscious group so Nito can’t see your IP address or make your node stake/unstake/trade/transfer funds etc.
  • Nito can see your telegram userid, and the public keys you give her.
  • Nito does log chat sent to it for testing/debugging purposes.
3. What if I need help?

For now, toss a comment here and I’ll see what I can do.

4. What's Nito's road map?

No roadmap other than break/fix at this time.

5. How can I support Nito development?

I’m excited for people to use it, and give it a try.

6. Blah, blah, blah how can I access Nito?

Go to Telegram!

26 Likes

Just tested it and it seems to work well, thank you!

3 Likes

It tells me my Node is broken: Here’s what I found:
*Broken: Stake public key
The rest are waiting.

And it sends me a lot of messages for just one request.

1 Like

I agree,

the rest are waiting

is an unnecessary statement.

3 Likes

I’ve tightened up the messaging for folks with a single node.

3 Likes

Question…when you ask for public key…is it the public key for account0, pstake, or the one listed for the pnode?..I got a lil confused there…but looks nice for as far as I got… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The public key for your Node.

2 Likes

Ok…entered node…it list my node when I query the bot…but when I query bot as to status of node bot responds that node is not found…so now what?

3 Likes

I’ll message you, I think I see the problem

2 Likes

just used it and it works well. I will trust this info and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic little app.

Are status updates sent automatically?

3 Likes

Thanks @davoice321! Automatic updates aren’t available yet, it is in active development and will be released per the schedule.

4 Likes

Very cool. @Josh_Hamon you’re a beast. This is awesome.

3 Likes

@Josh_Hamon, this is very cool! Are you able to see people’s conversations with the bot?

3 Likes

Great question! I am currently logging what the bot receives for testing/debugging. I think I will update the FAQ to let people know. I can user publickeys and telegram userids.

2 Likes

Push notifications are now live!

(Use /notify to turn them on/off)

3 Likes

/ping is live

This will check the response code of https://lb-fullnode.incognito.org/fullnode, which the incognito app uses to interact with the chain. If it gets a 200, then your app experience should be normal. If it doesn’t get a 200 back, then it checks the mainnet fullnode. If mainnet gets a 200, then the network itself should be fine and Nito should work as expected, even if the app doesn’t. If mainnet doesn’t get a 200 the recommendation is to come to the forum to investigate.

This gives non-tech users and even non-validators an easy way to check if there is a problem and if it’s just with app or something larger.

Let me know your thoughts and future improvements that will help make Incognito more accessible and powerful.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Thanks for share Nito FAQ.

4 Likes

/price is live

/price will return the price as shown on incscan.io

2 Likes