Nito FAQ (Telegram Bot)

The public key for your Node.

2 Likes

Ok…entered node…it list my node when I query the bot…but when I query bot as to status of node bot responds that node is not found…so now what?

3 Likes

I’ll message you, I think I see the problem

2 Likes

just used it and it works well. I will trust this info and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic little app.

Are status updates sent automatically?

3 Likes

Thanks @davoice321! Automatic updates aren’t available yet, it is in active development and will be released per the schedule.

4 Likes

Very cool. @Josh_Hamon you’re a beast. This is awesome.

3 Likes

@Josh_Hamon, this is very cool! Are you able to see people’s conversations with the bot?

3 Likes

Great question! I am currently logging what the bot receives for testing/debugging. I think I will update the FAQ to let people know. I can user publickeys and telegram userids.

2 Likes

Push notifications are now live!

(Use /notify to turn them on/off)

3 Likes

/ping is live

This will check the response code of https://lb-fullnode.incognito.org/fullnode, which the incognito app uses to interact with the chain. If it gets a 200, then your app experience should be normal. If it doesn’t get a 200 back, then it checks the mainnet fullnode. If mainnet gets a 200, then the network itself should be fine and Nito should work as expected, even if the app doesn’t. If mainnet doesn’t get a 200 the recommendation is to come to the forum to investigate.

This gives non-tech users and even non-validators an easy way to check if there is a problem and if it’s just with app or something larger.

Let me know your thoughts and future improvements that will help make Incognito more accessible and powerful.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Thanks for share Nito FAQ.

4 Likes

/price is live

/price will return the price as shown on incscan.io

2 Likes

Thank you father Nito!

1 Like

Have a good weekend!

Issue discovered and resolved for users with only one node /status should now work

See post for full details

1 Like

Nito is currently reporting all nodes that aren’t pending or earning as broken. The beacon is suddenly reporting out differently, I’m not sure why.

I’ve reach out for help here.

2 Likes

Hi @Josh_Hamon, thanks again for producing Nito.

I have been having some conflicting messages about my vNode.

Nito’s “ping” returns a code “200, all appears normal”, yet when I’m in the Incognito app I have a "!” and a “Fix” button. There is clearly an issue with my virtual node.

I have troubleshooted the problem. I have run the “canyouseeme.org” site to check port 9334 and I get “Success”.

I have checked my Linux box by running the "Sudo docker ps " command and the incognito miner is running.

My question is this… why would Nito be saying “200, all appears normal” when there is something wrong as highlighted in the Incognito App?

Where is Nito fetching it’s data to return the “200” code? Is the ping in real time?
Which is my source of truth, Nito or the Incognito App?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like