Node keeps losing Wifi

Every 30 mins or so. The node goes to this screen.

How do I troubleshoot this?
@Peter, I don’t see any earning for 2 days.

1 Like

Did you get a pop up telling you to unplug your node and then restarting the node?
Restarting your node usually fixes this problem, but ever 30 minutes is a bit extreme! Did the node work before you experienced this problem?

Cheers

I get the fix it button and when I click it, I get the restart node message.
Now, I moved to ethernet and seems to be fine.

But I want to make sure, I didn’t get a defective node. Trying to understand if I can troubleshoot it.

Sounds good. If you want to have it checked I would suggest you email Peter at, [email protected] Give him your node ID number,(on bottom of node) and ask them to check that it is working ok!

Cheers

1 Like

You did it well.

If you do that because the “Fix it” button appears then you don’t have to worry. This is an error in communication between the app and your Node, not between the network and your Node.

And, 2 days without earnings are normal. See also: My Node hasn't earned in x days/weeks

I don’t think, the error is between the app and the node. I checked the device list on my router and the node name “theminer” has disconnected status. I want to make sure, I don’t have a defective node.

Don’t worry. That is a common issue with the Node OS system, re-plug the node would be helpful.

I think I have the same issue, sometimes i have to “fix” my node, that is connected with Wifi. It happens randomly (like 1 time every week) and I have to check manually every time. Re-plugging the node fixes the issues but the node is in my parent’s house (here I don’t have a fixed line for internet) so I have to ask my mother to reboot it (planning also to use a smart socket). I can’t connect it through ethernet because I don’t have space near the router.
Will a new firmware be released? Maybe with a system to check the connection and/or reboot the node automatically if something goes wrong? This update is really needed.

That’s correct. We are working on a new firmware, it helps to check the connection/ reboot the node automatically when the node went sleep, etc…
Hopefully it can be released soon next month.

2 Likes