Should I leave earnings in Node, or stake it with pool?

I purchased pNODE last week, and today I got my first PRV deposited. I withdrew the first PRV from pNODE account and staked it with 37% APR for just try out. Here is my question; which one has better return? Leave PRV in pNODE or Stake in 37% APR?

3 Likes

Leaving PRV in the pNode doesn’t generate any incomes. So, I think you made a good choice.

5 Likes

The pnode just holds it there, just tap withdraw when you earn any PRV and it’ll take about 1 business day and it’ll withdraw to the respective wallet. Also, if you have enough of a balance of any other coin (swipe left or right on the node screen if you have dashes) when you hit withdraw all of those will come out as well if your balance is big enough.

Staking is what most of us do with our pnode rewards letting them build until we can add liquidity at a 50/50 rate.

2 Likes

Jerry, thank you very much for your response. What about 1750 PRV? I read somewhere that pNODE only entitles 35% of total earn and 1750 PRV gives 100%. I still do not understand what this means? Can you explain for me? Thanks again.

Basically, when you get your pNode it has been staked using PRV from the Incognito Team. If you want to, you can remove that amount, that 1750 PRV will go back into the Team’s account (you do not get that) and you can use your own 1750 PRV that you earned/bought to stake your pNode. You will then get the full 10’ish PRV from each epoch your pNode is in the validation pool.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response. Even though I cannot stake my pNODE with 1750 PRV at this time, but I would like to do so in the near future. Can you explain how I can unstake existing PRV staked in pNODE, instead stake my own 1750 PRV? Should I contact Incognito Team to request this process? or I still can do it by myself in Incognito app?

2 Likes

Exactly, you can unstake in app. When you take a look at your pNode tab, up in the right corner are 3 dots. You have three options there: Withdraw, Upgrade, and Stake.
Withdraw sends a request to have your earned PRV (and other crypto if the balance is high enough) transferred to your Node wallet.
Upgrade is only available when the Incognito team has a software update for your node. If the app asks you to you should update right away.
If you request to Unstake, your pNode will need to wait until it is selected for a validation pool and when that happens your Node will have the 1750 PRV removed. I believe you will get an alert.
There is no way to speed up the process of unstaking right now so it could take as long as two or more weeks after you request to unstake, that’s just how the system works right now. It may change in the future but it doesn’t sound like you have enough PRV yet so no need to worry there.
Once your pNode is unstaked it will no longer earn rewards, it’s just going to be sitting there until you put your own 1750 PRV in to stake it.
After that you’re going to be earning at the same random frequency but receiving the full 10’ish PRV for each one.

Hope that helps @josephspak. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. It is so clear for me to understand whole process. I have one last question. Now I have unstaked/empty pNODE. How can I put my own newly purchased 1750 PRV into pNODE? one of three options when 3 dots clicked would become the stake PRV into pNODE? or go to Stake tab (37% APR) and stake there?

1 Like

I haven’t got that far either. I assume the re-stake option will replace the unstake option.
You should definitely put any PRV you earn from your pNode into the stake option for 37% APY so it can grow. You can move it to the pDex if you want to trade it for other tokens as well.

1 Like

Please do the research: How to use 1750 PRV to stake on pNode

1 Like

Thank you very much for your sincere response. It truly helped me to understand important piece of Incognito. I believe Incognito is nascent and has huge potential to grow; I am bullish on the idea that added privacy on transaction and owning network (pNODE). It just needs more general public awareness and involvement. I don’t know if we have Telegram Incognito group or Twitter Incognito to reach out general public.

2 Likes

Notice it is 37% APY, which apparently comes out to 32% APR. Two different things, not a sleight of hand, just that APY accounts for compounding and APR doesn’t.

2 Likes