PRV Faucet

Thanks for your thoughts, I’m not following the purpose of the links you posted to this conversation.

1 Like

Don’t give me any favors!

2 Likes

Don’t mean to sound sappy, but I honestly believe nearly everyone’s got something to offer, especially when you come at this genuinely trying to solve a problem. Personally, I don’t think a faucet is the right approach, the community engagement rewards solve that. Same with the auto-prv @Jamie mentioned (although I never got mine for some reason, so maybe we should investigate). That said, I’m glad you posted and I want to hear more from you!

P.S. I’ll let the plug slide this time since Luther is my main man.

6 Likes

@zes333 Can you explain what’s the reason of your comment and what are you trying to say ?

1 Like

@Josh_Hamon love the initiative, but we are concerned that someone’s simply gonna run a script and drain the faucet. right now all new wallets get 0.1 PRV anyway - which will cover fees for thousands of transactions (@henry confirmed that there was an issue with this that has now been fixed).

what do you think about changing tack slightly and making this an educational initiative? incognito pub quiz? incognito treasure hunt? piggybacking off what @0x123 said:

let me know what you think!

5 Likes

Yep, if a faucet is a path forward, then yes the big problem is protecting it from scripts.

I’m glad the new wallet issue has been worked out. Even if it hadn’t been a problem, I feel like people need to feel like getting a little more PRV is super easy, which is why I was thinking a faucet. (I hadn’t realized there were community rewards, even though I had actually earned one.)

I am definitely up for changing tactics and looking at different options. Those educational initiatives feel like they would make more sense hosted here though, not on a separate site?

3 Likes

it would be preferable to direct new adopters to the main site - but implementation would depend on what you envision. the ideal program will deter those who couldn’t care less about privacy - and engage and delight those who do. @jamie is right also - you’d have to consider a way to enforce the ‘per user’ rule.

Just to brainstorm a bit - maybe it could be quiz style with rotating questions that get increasingly harder (for higher rewards) - but i’m a sucker for terrible game shows. or have answers that can only be retrieved by speaking to a human … etc. I’m sure you’ll have better ideas!

@annie i remember you were thinking about rolling out something similar but it kinda fell by the wayside - let us know what you think!

5 Likes

Whatever happened to the incognito “monopoly game”, i think it was called whales i remember that from when the app first came out :whale:

1 Like

I only recall hearing about it ‘coming soon.’ I don’t recall ever seeing it

1 Like

yeah that’s the last i heard as well it was in the Dapps icon if i remember right

1 Like

Hey @Brandon_Thompson great to see that you are with us since Sep - Oct 2019 :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

The game was prioritized down, at least until we finish all integrations with DEFI.

2 Likes

oh sweet so its still in the works at least. i actually kinda liked play the beta version off it. I was wondering is it going to be open where anyone can play any time, with anyone or maybe like a tournament held once a month or so even just at the start? :slightly_smiling_face: Yeah I’ve been following the project for a while because i think you all have done a great job and definitely involved with the people more then some of the other start-ups that are just trying to just make money for them selfies.

2 Likes

any update on this ?

On the faucet? The faucet has not been working for a while. I dont think there are intentions on bringing it back up

yes. That is a shame imo it would be a very good idea to go forward with this project because there are no other ways to require pvr without having pvr

You can buy PRV on the Pdex with other currencys and pay the fee in said currency, for example trade BTC for PRV and pay fee in PRV.

There is one currently active:

https://we.incognito.org/t/bird-getprv-prv-faucet-website/9096

1 Like

The currently running and funded prv faucet is at:

https://getprv.com/

Not sure how I ended up in this thread, it said there was a new post in it. Anywho, for reference, if anyone else ends up here. The official faucet that is used in the app, can also be reached at https://faucet.incognito.org/

1 Like