[SOLVED] I hope all my money isn't lost! (Spoilers it wasn't)

This all happened in the span of 40 min.
I wanted to anonomize my money. I sent $500 USDC to the address given to me, and I received my pUSDC. Everything was going great. I then went to send my $500 to a different wallet. I was on my phone, so I clicked copy to copy the address, and opened up the app and pasted it in. Well apparently it didn’t copy, and the old address that I originally sent to to receive my pUSDC got placed instead. The transaction went through and all my money is lost in the pool. It took me a while to figure out what happened. But their should definitely be a refund situation for something like this.

I think my moneys gone just like that.
Literally all the money I owned, poof. Such a simple mistake, I doubt I’m the only one. I hope I can get my money back.

Is there anything I can do? Since it happened within the 60 min span, do I just wait to see what happens?

Looking at the wallet address: I can confirm that there seems to be other tokens just chilling in there, probably from the same situation, however, mine is by far the most amount of money. The others are pocket change.

3 Likes

So you sent pUSDC to the same address that were holding your real USDC and they disappeared?

1 Like

No I sent pUSDC (out of network) to the previous incognito address that I was given to send my original USDC to get my pUSDC (the one that I just sent).

Basically I sent USDC to the incognito address to get pUSDC (Transaction went through). Then I sent my pUSDC (out of network) to the same address by mistake, because copy and paste didn’t work.

1 Like

This is definitely something that @Peter have to see. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I hope someone can do something cause like, its $500. Just cashed out my bitcoin profits that I invested all my money in. Now i’m RIP.

1 Like

Hi @Revolve, I got your information in our email, too. Please provide the address that you want to send it to, so we can manually process it.

2 Likes

@peter here is my wallet id:

Summary

0xc67*************************************

Made sure its the correct one.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Some info for others who stumble upon this post

The deposit addresses used are one-time-only and 60 minutes valid.
There is a notification about that on the screen.

Despite that, you are not the first, and will likely not be the last this happens to. The most common scenario is that people try small amounts first and then send a bigger amount when things work correctly. The bigger amount is then “lost” due to the “one time use” aspect of the deposit address.

Unless something really weird happens we are able to recover the coins when supplied with the following information:

1. link to the transaction in the external blockchain explorer
  2. the deposit address you used
  3. the address of the Incognito account the coins should have ended up in

I would like to call this phenomenon the “disadvantage of knowledge”. It mostly happens to people who are familiar with other crypto wallets and don’t read the screens that well because they already know how things (in general) are taken care of. It is human nature.

2 Likes

I was able to catch that my first time and boy was I lucky.
For user-friendliness though, instead of being a paragraph at the bottom of the page with the instructions, have it instead pop up and the user has to read and verify, click continue (maybe this is where you add a “are you a robot” thing to increase security?

2 Likes