The waiting time of Unstaking process

Similar to other Proof of Stake networks, Incognito locks your collateral amount (1750 PRV) for a period of time when you submit an Unstaking request. It helps to avoid exploitation from the outside vectors.

Now, the Unstaking process will complete after the next time you earn. The waiting time can vary due to the random selection of being a Validator. The average time is 5-21 days with the current 2200 stakers. But it might take up to 36 days for the unluckiest case.

See also: https://incognito.org/t/the-algorithm-of-probability-for-node-selection/836

6 Likes

What happens if you unplug in the middle of the unstaking process?

The unstaking process is still ongoing if you unplug in the middle at this moment.

And could i leave it unplugged?

Yes, you can do it at this moment.

Sounds good!

Will I get the last earnings?

Yes, per others example they got the last earning when it unstaked.

EDIT: having said that. Not 100% sure about ones that are unplugged. But from what I have read, you should.

1 Like

Virtual Node operator and pNode operator (self staked) receive full earnings of the last earning cycle (2 epochs/ 3 epochs).
pNode operator (funded staking) doesn’t receive the earnings of the last earning cycle.
Unplugged/ Plugged hasn’t affected yet at this moment.

3 Likes

So my node is now being unstaked. I never chose to do this. Was this done by one of the devs? Is this because you are phasing out the old nodes?

Well now my machine is unstacking under a orange circle and I didn’t event select this option.

Not sure what I should do.

There was like 6 or 8 prv coin when the orange slash circle was there but now the node is at 0 and the circle is gray.

Any funds that you had not withdrawn were automatically withdrawn for you and put into your account. See under assets.

So is the machine done collecting funds?

Do you mean validating as a pNode? You can have it re-staked with funded stake by Incognito by fixing issues and providing us with the following:

QR Code:
ValidatorKey:
ValidatorMiningPublicKey:

Where do I send the info on here?

Per the previously linked FAQ you can send this information to @Support.