What privacy problem are you solving?
The Incognito Wallet app has been around for almost 6 months and has enabled the community to do a lot of activities with their crypto assets privately. However, there are still some limitations to the app in terms of UI & UX.
- The app does not give users the go-incognito vibe when they deposit their coins to the wallet.
- The app is not very interactive, users can not interact with the community within the app.
- Users are still confused with some in-app activities: withdraw/send, deposit/receive.
- The app does not allow users to save the addresses of those they make transactions with on a frequent basis.
- Out-dated on-boarding screens, un-attractive app-opening screens.
- Users can not feedback directly in-app.
- Users can not know when there’s something new to update in the community tab within the app.
What is the solution?
Realizing how inconvenient the above drawbacks of the app might be for users, we propose to make some big changes to the app to make sure users have the best possible experience with Incognito Wallet. The coming changes are:
- Integrate Incognito.org within the app, inside the community section on the bottom bar, where users can get updates about all the latest news, contribute ideas, give help & get help.
- Create a homepage for the main activities inside the app where users can have a clear sense of what they can do immediately as they open the app.
- Add an address book, where users can save frequent receivers’ wallet addresses and send with ease in the future.
Add biometrics login.
Update on-boarding flash screens.
Update app-opening loading screen.
Reddot noti for Community in-app.
Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?
Before the changes:
- Without a clarification of key action buttons: Users reach out to the community on Telegram to ask for the difference between send/withdraw, receive/deposit.
- Without Discourse community integrated in-app: Whenever users need support with the app, they have to either look it up on the website themselves, or wait for their questions to be answered in the telegram community.
- Without the address book: Users have to copy the address every time they need to make a transaction, even to a frequent receiver.
- Without biometric login: Users have to type manually the passcodes which takes longer for them to log in the wallet.
- Without feedback in-app: Users can not feedback directly at the moment they face the issue. If the feedback option is available in-app, we can increase the amout of feedbacks to better improve the product.
- Without Reddot noti for Communit: Users do not know when to check the community tab since there’s tehy do not know if there’s anything new to check. Reddot will show up in the Community icon everytime there’s a new topic posted. This will increase the engagements for Incognito Community.
Who are you?
I’m @henry, a growth team member who loves delivering the best experience for users. However, I alone cannot pull this off, and there are many more talented people behind this:
- @tien @keresh93v & @phathoang: young, talented front-end engineers.
- @Mo_Incognito : Quality control, she makes sure the app is bug-free before releasing it.
Why do you care?
When it comes to making a great product, there are 2 key aspects to consider:
Does the value of the product relate closely to the users’ needs?
Can users use the product with ease?
While the wallet is already great, I believe there is so much we can do to improve the product following the above 2 directions.
What’s your plan? What’s your schedule?
The plan is simple, to roll out the aforementioned changes for the app. Below are the specific changes and deadlines:
|New homepage||2nd March, 2020|
|In-app community||2nd March, 2020|
|Address book||30th March, 2020|
|Face ID||15th March, 2020|
What’s your budget?
|Mobile front-end engineer||1000 PRV||3||3000 PRV|
|Product manager||2,000||1||2,000 PRV|
|Mobile front-end engineer||437.5 PRV||3||1312.5 PRV|
|Quality control||437.5 PRV||1||437.5 PRV|
|Total (2 months, Product manager only in Feb)|||6,750 PRV|
Is there an existing conversation around this idea?
There has already been a discussion about this topic. Please find it here New version of Incognito App: More intuitive, more convenient
Is there anything else you would like the community to know?
Let us know what else we should build for the Incognito Wallet app. I’d be happy to discuss in the comment section below.