Wifi Issues

I have a new node and cannot get it to connect to my wifi network. It asks for my home network info, then there’s a popup requesting to join a different network (presumably so the app can feed the proper info to the Node and then reconnect to the proper network), but it never gets past that step. I keep receiving the error “Unable to join the network ‘Node-xxxxxx’”

I’m frustrated because I don’t want to even connect it to Wifi, because it’s going to sit right next to my router anyway. I have a short ethernet cable to connect it, but for some reason there is no way around the Wifi step of the setup process as far as I can tell.

Any insights?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Caleb, at the 3rd step, I would like to know that the SSID of your Wifi was automatically generated or not?
Let’s try to restart the phone and set up again. Let me know if the issue still persists.

4 Likes

Make sure you are using the latest version of the app.

If you would like to give ethernet a try, take a look at this manual

3 Likes

I’ve attached a couple images. I tried restarting the phone as well. Same result.

Additionally, I found the desktop app setup instructions, and tried that as well. There doesn’t seem to be a WiFi network named after my node. It’s as if there’s nothing to connect to, but the node is definitely powered on.

Hi Caleb, please re-plug the Node and verify that it is broadcasting a hotspot “Node-xxxxxx” in your wifi list.
After that, please provide this information in a private message to me or Jamie:
1/ Node QR code
2/ Full log copied from your set up trial

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Was this solved?

Let’s see if we can fix this in private messages.

Can you let me know what you tried and where it errors?
Click my avatar to get to messages.