Zoom Conference

Hi Everyone!

I had the idea that maybe at some point we can set up Zoom conferences every other week, with everyone intimately involved on Incognito and Discourse. Ideally, all of the Incognito Core Team would be present, and then anyone else from the Discourse community who wants to join in.

This could help to give more reality to the community on who the Core Team is, and give a reality to the Core Team on who the community is. It would build a sense of community and increase communication amongst everyone.

We could create a topic of conversation for the Zoom Conference, where each person participating gets 3 or 4 minutes to talk about whatever the topic of conversation is (i.e. Week One: Ideas. Week Two: Accomplishments Week Three: Future)

Anyone participating can repeatably earn a Privacy Zoomer Badge for 1 or 2 PRV (@ning @Mike_Wagner)

Thoughts?

10 Likes

I like the idea!

But talking about privacy on Zoom is quite… funny :wink: https://thenextweb.com/security/2020/03/27/zooms-ios-app-is-sending-your-data-to-facebook-because-privacy-is-a-myth/

2 Likes

Lol that’s true, there’s a certain irony to it. But its the pCoins that are private, not everything else. Incognito is, in reality, the most transparent and open business/group that is able to create such a private Coin system because of that transparency in it’s functioning and in it’s blockchain. The more connected we can be as a group, the more power and privacy we give to the pCoins.
(I don’t think you were disagreeing with me about this, but thought it’d be interesting to discuss!)

4 Likes

*ahem

Haha but good idea! Actually, @andrey has been wanting to do a weekly one for some time now, and we’re hoping this one on Wednesday will be the start to weekly zoom conferencing.
I think two calls may be too much.

That said, I’m all for it! I’d like to hear more about what you (and anyone reading this) wants from the calls, so let me know more about what you’re thinking.

3 Likes

Oh awesome, you’re doing one!

Yea sorry, bi-weekly is a strange word, I meant it as once every two weeks, not twice a week (that’d be intense haha.) Ill edit my above post to clarify.

The three topics I mentioned above: Ideas, Accomplishments, Future. At this moment, especially as a validator with 8 nodes, I am very interested in what the future plans are and how we are on track to expand. Ya know, like getting the “guidance” during a company’s earnings report. I know a lot of this is already posted in various spots throughout the forum, but talking about it in person could be helpful/reassuring.

2 Likes

Haha,
you are right :sweat_smile:

I think on this stage, its still ok, coz we mostly talk about things which you could find on our website anyway.

So consider it’s as some kind of gathering of people with similar ideas :slight_smile:

Let see how it goes, we are quite flexible and always can upgrade or change something.

1 Like

whoops, no you’re fine. Bi-weekly is clear, I just had a late night brain fart. What I meant to say was, double it :joy:. We’ll test out this one and one next week, and aim for one every week or two. Thanks for the ideas. I agree that having everything in one conversation makes it a lot easier for the community to know what’s happening.

1 Like

I fiddle with open source secure comms tools as a hobby.

If you’d like to try Jitsi for the next call, please let me know. I could spin it up over the weekend.

3 Likes

That sounds great! Let me look into it tonight and get back to you

1 Like