Messenger

I think it would be cool to add a private instant messenger to the wallet allowing people to connect and privately pay one another.

This functionality is already built into the site. I’m not sure I see a benefit to the dev team spending valuable time adding in a chat feature that has limited use case for it. As most users of PRV coin will probably already be discussing things elsewhere and then using Incognito to transfer funds either directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Hey @Brakley, I think Jared is right, a more efficient way is to focus on building better protocol and integrate it with existed privacy messengers, browsers apps.

With this approach, we could deliver privacy to more people.

1 Like

That is an excellent idea. I’m not a developer so idk what’s even possible. I suggest to approach Signal private messenger and Protonmail. That would be amazing to have incognito wallet integrated with Signal!

1 Like

Protonmail is a good idea for private and encrypted mail…:sunglasses:

@Brakley your idea is great. I think, people more comfortable with what existing messenger. You can check it, already exist privacy messenger for crypto. that is mixin messenger. However not much getting intention from crypto fans.

@Tempestblack
When you send an email from @protonmail to a different domain like @gmail, emails are not encrypted. In fact they are very public, they include email headers which supply a ton of personal information.
@protonmail -> @protonmail is fine, if you believe that they don’t collect information, but similarly @gmail -> @gmail is encrypted (but they do collect information). There is really not much of a difference though. When you send an email across domains, its impossible to encrypt unless you have pgp, but the headers are still public. In-domain emails are usually encrypted on most platforms. Just use a vpn and dis-information regardless of what email you use. But the email platform itself doesn’t matter much unfortunately.

In fact I would go so far as to say that if you have a ProtonMail account, your giving up the information that your trying to hide something, imo makes you more of a target. Where as just having an un-associated gmail account blends in to the masses more.

Those are all valid points…I had only mentioned proton mail as a possible mail handler…but hey…whatever the community decides upon I am cool with it…:sunglasses: