[Edited to reflect that the proposal system is deprecated.]
1. What privacy problem are you solving?
In the testnet version of the phone app, users could see the status of their nodes. That was eventually removed, in part because users had a hard time understanding the statuses. Tools like https://incognito.mesquka.com/nodes from @mesquka and https://watch.incognito.market/ from @raz have given users back clarity.
The next step is a way for users to have notifications pushed to them, preferably without it being tied to their phones. In the spirit of the pNodes, they also shouldn’t have to be super technical.
This work is already in development and I’m close to being ready to launch an MVP for people give feedback on.
2. What is the solution?
A telegram bot would allow device-agnostic notifications to be pushed to users.
3. Which solutions do people resort to because this doesn’t exist yet?
Current options are:
4. Why do you care?
A notification system would help me stop looking at my phone every 5 minutes. Also, I think it would nice to share with other people.
5. What’s your roadmap? (Updated 7/9)
|15 June 2020||Bot MVP available||Done|
|1 July 2020||v1 available||Done|
|1 Aug 2020||v2 available|
- Users can add, delete(one or all), list their nodes by the public key DONE
- Users can request the current status of their nodes DONE
- Users can add feature requests for possible development DONE
- Users can review the feature list DONE
- FAQ page available DONE
v1 - Available Now
- Validation testing for adding nodes DONE
- Users can send me tips DONE
- Users can enable the bot to send them notifications when their node changes status DONE
- Users can mute the notifications DONE
- Push notifications include PRV earned
- /price command brings up current PRV price
- /ping users can check if the status of the wallet app fullnode.
Features being considered:
- Nito can withdrawal PRV from your node to your wallet automatically
- Get the status of a single node by name
- Looking for more that Nito can/could do
6. I’m having trouble with Nito, is there help?
Yes, there is a FAQ